Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Not getting full travel on Lyriks, why?
  • vooomvooom
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2009 RS Lyrik u-turn, coil and I’ve noticed that after compressing the fork it doesn’t spring back to it’s full travel. The 160mm mark doesn’t show above the dust seal. It shows only after I pull the bars up. It’s only a few millimetres so not a huge deal, but I’ve been wondering if it’s something common? Is it something to worry about and what’s causing it?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Normal IME.
    See also: TALAS

tomhoward

Yup, normal. Mine was like that fresh back from TF tuned.

vooomvooom
    Free Member

Thanks. I’m glad it’s nothing to worry about:)

nickewen
    Free Member

As above, mine are exactly the same, 160mm line slightly below seal and came back from TF like this.

alpin
    Free Member

mine is originally 2-step and i’ve connverted it to coil u-turn. mine is the same… 156mm. 4mm. who cares?

my friend has an origianl u-turn and his is the same….

vooomvooom
    Free Member

I don’t really care, but haven’t noticed that on my Pikes so just wanted to make sure it’s all good.
    😉

bwaarp
    Free Member

Same as on my lyriks, the travel markers are often misaligned.

LoCo
    Free Member

Negative coil spring ‘pulls’ fork into travel, will probably be able to see 160mm mark if you pull the forks out a bit. Normal.

bwaarp
    Free Member

So you lose some of the travel then with u-turns?

Tf tuned informed me that it’s just that the markers are misaligned.

LoCo
    Free Member

Well, they can also be misaligned I suppose, but you quite often get a little ‘pull’ from a negative spring, be it coil or air.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My u-turns are like that, if you pull them they go up a bit, ridiculously plush though, they sag under the weight of the bike without me on it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Not getting full travel on Lyriks, why?’ is closed to new replies.