Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Not everyone's having fun at Glasto you know….
  • DrP

Brilliant!

I’m sure his PR team are loving him!

DrP

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’m out of touch, never even heard of him… i thought it was talking about Jo Whiley….. :D…

i couldn’t be less interested about Glastonbury if i tried…

your favorite band, small intimate venue, in the dry, cool inexpensive beer, with like minded people is where its at for me.

peterfile
    Free Member

ahaha that’s great 🙂

I do think that the greatest success of social media is giving high profile idiots the opportunity to create problems for themselves.

I reckon Prince Philip needs a twitter account 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nealglover
    Free Member

i couldn’t be less interested about Glastonbury if i tried…

Oh I reckon you could.

Considering you clicked on a thread about Glastonbury (it’s in the title) and commented on it.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

That’s my Eskiboi!

rogermoore

your favorite band

ABBA?
    RM.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Oh I reckon you could.

Considering you clicked on a thread about Glastonbury (it’s in the title) and commented on it.

but i want to tell people… I don’t want anybody thinking otherwise now do I,…. that okay with you?

nealglover
    Free Member

If you need to tell strangers you couldnt care less about something.

Then you actually could care less about it.

Sorry 😉

piemonster

I care a little bit, but not too much.

I’m amused by the Whiley tweets.

stever
    Free Member

He’s still never bettered ‘Story of the Blues’. Sorry, wrong Wylie.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Who is he?

Edric64
    Free Member

Who is this bloke?

CountZero

your favorite band, small intimate venue, in the dry, cool inexpensive beer, with like minded people is where its at for me.

And if your favourite band recently played London and charged over £100 for a ticket, for a gig in the open air, with thousands of others?
    One of my favourite bands is Arcade Fire, they haven’t played anything even close to a ‘small intimate venue’ in the UK since 2005, and as for ‘cool inexpensive beer’, you’re taking the piss! Inexpensive? At a gig? In what bloody universe are you living? The last time I saw Arcade Fire was in Hyde Park, with around 60,000 like minded people; before that Ally Pally. Small, intimate venues? Perleeez.
    Really… 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

I lol’ed!
    Wiley is cool. Those trying to show how uncool theynare by sayong who is he.. try Goggle yeah?

Edric64
    Free Member

I have now googled him I had never seen a picture of him or heard of him before looking at this thread ,hardly surprising as a nearly 50 year old!!

Harry_the_Spider

creamegg
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    I lol’ed!
    Wiley is cool. Those trying to show how uncool theynare by sayong who is he.. try Goggle yeah?

Goggle

Now i know who he is 😀

cooie

Well anybody can Google anything, but I’d never heard of him before this!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Alot of you lot need to wise up to the talented musicians right under your noses. Get out on the streets where the real music is. Streets is talking. Streets of London.

Wiley is from good heritage though, his Dad is Mark Morrison.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w[/video]

zippykona

He’s changed since his days in Wah.

creamegg
    Free Member

Ive heard of him but had no idea what he looked liked and cant think of any of his songs

PiknMix
    Free Member

He has very good taste in trance dj’s

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Small, intimate venues? Perleeez.
    Really…

My favorite band (and the best band in the world by the way) is

….the wedding present, so small and intimate is par of the course…

they do play the odd, small festival, but i don’t bother,…eeeezy…

back catalogue is available

DezB
    Free Member

I have now googled him I had never seen a picture of him or heard of him before looking at this thread ,hardly surprising as a nearly 50 year old!!

Nearly as old as me then. You don’t have to still listen to John Peel bands from the 80s you know 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

As a sidenote, that Rave and Hardcore YouTube Comments article is ace – the kind of thing Vice do very well.

geologist
    Free Member

I saw the wedding present whilst I was at uni in 1995, they played my freshers week. They were crap. I follow music so I know who wiley is, not my cup of tea, but, equally as sh*te as the wedding present.

The wedding present havent stayed niche out of choice, I suspect that they would give anything to be as successful as wiley, or mumford and sons, or whatever successful bands you success haters hate. But unfortunately they are not great, thats why they havent made it.

I bet you hate microsoft, starbucks, and even Tesco! Ill give ya Tesco 😉

Ps, do ya ride a fatbike, and did ya go to newcastle uni in the mid 90’s, a guy in my corridor was a massive wedding present fan, and a biker.

tinybits
    Free Member

Very funny but now I feel old as I have no idea who he is. This is not a cool thing, I want to know just to prove to myself I’m still with it, but I don’t…

CountZero

Alot of you lot need to wise up to the talented musicians right under your noses. Get out on the streets where the real music is. Streets is talking. Streets of London.

Yeah. Great. If you live in London. Living in a market town a hundred or so miles away, being ‘street’ just makes you look like a tit, ‘cos Urban you ain’t.
    And I’m pretty wise to the talented musicians right under my nose, and, funnily enough, I’m familiar with Wiley, but urban dance and such is irrelevant.

Get out on the streets where the real music is. Streets is talking. Streets of London

Listen to yourself, the world of music doesn’t revolve around some shabby area in the East End. 🙄

geologist
    Free Member

I think he may have been taking the piss ?..

geologist
    Free Member

Bugger, I needc to stop drinking, this is a mountain bike website.

What wheel size for Glastonbury?

wrecker
    Free Member

Tailforth, taking the piss? 😀

wallop

This is just like being down the pub with your Dad’s mates! 8)

Candodavid
    Free Member

Similar sort of thing as Dizzee Rascal, he supported Muse earlier this year, he was carp too

wallop

As a sidenote, that Rave and Hardcore YouTube Comments article is ace – the kind of thing Vice do very well.

Very good.

Edric64
    Free Member

You don’t have to still listen to John Peel bands from the 80s you know

I hated the John Peel show and on the odd occasion I listened to it thought it showcased poor music that insulted my ears !

athgray
    Free Member

It’s sooooooooo unfair!

Sounds like my 4 year old son when you take him somewhere he doesn’t want to go.

marsdenman
    Free Member

No idea who he is….
    I can only hope he was on a main stage and that Glastonbury Management streamed his comments on the big screens…

duntmatter
    Free Member

I can only hope he was on a main stage and that Glastonbury Management streamed his comments on the big screens…

Yeah, that would have taught him a lesson. 😐

billyboulders
    Free Member

Used to be a Glastonbury regular, but reading this and other threads has made me realise I haven’t been to one this century! (how to make yourself sound really old lesson one)
    One thing puzzles me. Nowadays the extortionately priced tickets sell out in a matter of seconds but the line up is not confirmed/announced until months later. In my day you went to the local record shop checked out the posters, thought “fantastic, I want to see them, him, and her and them etc.” And you bought your £20 ticket to go. Surely today’s Glastonbury punters don’t even care who’s playing seeing as how they won’t be told who’s on until after they’ve invested hundreds in their tickets? To me its odd behaviour for thousands to attend a “music” festival when they don’t know what music will be on.
    Mind you seeing this years line up it looks to me like it pretty much doesn’t matter if you don’t care about the music any way (although that is probably an age thing too!)

noteeth
    Free Member

To me its odd behaviour for thousands to attend a “music” festival when they don’t know what music will be on

It’s a maaaassssive party, regardless of who is playing on the main stages.

Been a fair number of times & not there this year – although I would have liked to have seen Portishead, Public Enemy and Cat Power, among others.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Not everyone's having fun at Glasto you know….’ is closed to new replies.