• This topic has 58 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by brant.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Not every day your Daughter meets the PM……….
  • edhornby

early contender for thread of the year 🙂 well played

DezB
    Free Member

“?@mattleys
    That’s definitely the last time I hire snipers off Gumtree”

😆

ninfan
    Free Member

I think you definitley need to contact the photographer for some hi res images, something suitable to have framed, ready and waiting for her wedding day 😈

Coyote
    Free Member

That is AWESOME!!!

Well done her.

will
    Free Member

Hahaha amazing! As others have said bet you’re very proud.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Beginning of the Graham Norton show now!

ampthill

Just brilliant

It seems all roads lead back to this forum

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone, they are very much appreciated!

Still in a state of mild shock how much coverage Lucy has received, just happy it has all been taken the right way. We’ve had the Telegraph round, local BBC radio, the local paper and both my wife and daughter are due to appear on Loose Women on Monday down in the big smoke 😯

They were invited to sit on the ‘panel’ but the wife has opted to stay in the audience, I’m still trying to convince her to get up on stage as I think it will be great to look back on in years to come.

Thanks again for the kind words (and offer of the paper, I’m on my phone at the moment so struggling to look back at the replies without loosing this post to see who it was but I will be in touch over the weekend).

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

That is a brilliant photo. Hope she is enjoying all the attention.

crankboy
    Free Member

fasthaggis

^^^^Likes(a lot) 🙂

wordnumb
    Free Member

BBC are looking for Paxman’s replacement. Just saying.

fionap

Lots of mentions of this in the press today. Lucy deserves some kind of prize for her valuable efforts in this campaign.

From http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/07/memories-of-an-election-empty-barns-the-ed-stone-and-debates-that-recurred-like-cystitis

“Yet given how assiduously politicians courted the coveted children and animals demographics, the defining image of the election can only belong to six-year-old Lucy Howarth, whose reading session with David Cameron produced a photo which gives me hope that this Chosen Child will personally – personally! – deliver us from dead-on-arrival electioneering sometime around the year 2050. Speak for England, Lucy! Or rather, head-desk for the entire nation.”

augustuswindsock

Absolutely priceless, you’re not going to be stuck for material come the brides father speech!! 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP, yes your daughter’s photo was top of a review of most memorable moments of the campaign in the Telegraph today

somafunk

^ brilliant 😀

Lucy for PM?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

”The defining image of the 2015 general election belongs to a six year old girl (Guardian 07/05/2015)”

Once again… I am awed at how far the influence of STW spreads.. 😀

brant
    Free Member

She also made the Cassetteboy edit

brant
    Free Member
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Not every day your Daughter meets the PM……….’ is closed to new replies.