Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Not Drinking nearly enough recently.
  • nickhit3
    Free Member

Got a thing for Guinness recently. What alcoholic beverage are you enjoying at the moment?

binners

nickhit3
    Free Member

How embarrassing, cant believe you posted that. That was a great session though. You had to be there.

dazh

Fruity sours. Went to Indyman Beercon in Manchester recently and hilights were blackcurrant and mango sours from the likes of Cloudwater. Wasn’t mad keen on the ice-cream stuff though.

DezB
    Free Member

Those Guinness bottled Porters are nice. West Indies one went down well.

sorry, massive pic 😳

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Binners – i think this is the wrong thread, feet at work surely?

Dez – the milk stout is oddly disappointing. West Indies porter is pretty good though as is the Dublin.

miketually
    Free Member

Last night was a couple of pints of the stout brewed by Graham who works in the pub.

Tonight’s beer is niche: https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/the-39-project-d0wnalong-mexican-lager/

lunge

Port, I’m not drinking enough Port. As the nights draw in Port is the go to drink in Chateau Lunge.

northernmatt

Wine, not enough fruit in my diet.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m testing as many different beers as possible. That way I’m a connoisseur instead of a drunk.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not drinking enough of anything.

I’ve just realised that the pub which I visit most frequently, my “local” if you will, is nearly 600 miles away in Cornwall.

Akers

Sake. bought 4 different types/styles recently to try back to back. Really enjoying them with Asian cuisine. Will be trying more.

leffeboy

My wife went out to buy some wine yesterday and came back with one of these

I may need to keep her

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I may need to keep her

If you do, explain what wine is sometime soon won’t you?

hodgynd
    Free Member

I’ve been a bad lad ..this was bought as a birthday present for my missus by my Dad ..the trouble is she hardly drinks anything these days while I like a tipple.
    I think she has only had one fairly small drink out of the bottle and the rest has been down to me ..oh along with a litre bottle of Tanqueray..nice with Fever Tree tonic and the odd bottle of Hobgoblin Golden Ale ..
    Not bad since breakfast this morning 😉

20171019_162401 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

ransos
    Free Member

Saison. One of mine. Fermented hot with yeast harvested from a bottle of Saison Dupont.

IHN

I bought some Winter IPA from M&S yesterday that was chuffing lovely

slowoldman

I’ve had nowt since breakfast.

nickhit3
    Free Member

ha, some great shouts here. That homebrew looks amazing.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ve been a bad lad ..this was bought as a birthday present for my missus by my Dad ..the trouble is she hardly drinks anything these days while I like a tipple.

I was bought some of the rhubarb liqueur by them in the summer. It was rank.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Not a huge fan of elderflower ..but quite enjoyed that ..
    Rhubarb ..? Not surprised really !

slowbloke
    Free Member

Despite being a cider drinker I seem to have developed a taste for Schlenkerla Brewery – especially their Marzen which is kind of like a pint of bonfire with hot dog juice in it. Whatever unpronounceable name the green one has is even better as they left out the bonfire and just appear to have made beer out of sausages but I’ve only ever seen 1 bottle of that and 4 of us shared it.

I also recently had cigarettes and coffee beer which did indeed taste like dirty ashtrays and coffee. For some reason I didn’t like that one 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

a pint of bonfire with hot dog juice in it

What? Marzen is supposed to be a fairly normal german lager.

It’s literally just beer brewed in March with a recipe designed to last the summer in a cellar (back in the days when brewing in summer in Germany was banned) so a bit maltier and a bit bitter-er.

One of the reasons Oktoberfest is traditionally such a pissup is because that was when brewing re-started for the winter and they drank the last of the Marzen.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I may open a bottle of Proper Job after all my child taxi duties are done. Cornish IPA from St Austell Brewery.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got ONE of these for later…

But usually this…

Or anything else really. 😐

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Homebrew based on Fullers wild river grain bill and mash, with Fuggles hops (60min,15min and dry) to make it a sort of English American Indian Pale Ale.

slowbloke
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    a pint of bonfire with hot dog juice in it
    What? Marzen is supposed to be a fairly normal german lager.

It’s literally just beer brewed in March with a recipe designed to last the summer in a cellar (back in the days when brewing in summer in Germany was banned) so a bit maltier and a bit bitter-er.

Not in this case……

http://www.schlenkerla.de/rauchbier/sorten/sortene.html

Murray

Proper Job has finally stopped me referring to the brewery as St Awful

onlysteel
    Free Member

Summer has been dedicated to Plymouth Gin with Fever Tree Sicilian Lemonade. Apart from 2 weeks in Bavaria dedicated to as much Weissbier as I could get away with. Heading into winter I’ll be reverting to g&t’s; probably Botanist, Cotswold Distillery, or may try Red Pepper for something new.

Watty

I were a’reet, getting oop a’ one in’t arvo an steamin’ inta me special brew. But now ‘kid’s er off fookin school thev bin drinkin’ me bastard booze ‘for’a get oop. Only five ‘n’ six too the bastards.

nostoc
    Free Member

Supermarkets in my town in W Wales have definately upped their game recently. Current favourite is a close call between Thornbridge Tart and Tiny Rebel Beat Box. Bragdy Conwy are putting out some very drinkable bottle conditioned beers. Envious of EGF.

irc

Currently sipping a Lidl Islay malt.

Lidl – Three New Single Malts

nick1962
    Free Member

If you like Guiness give this a try
    Nigerian Guiness

redsox
    Free Member

CountZero

Tiny Rebel’s Cwtch made a big impression on me at the Greenman Beer Festival this year, once the bridge tolls are stopped I might be popping over and buying in bulk, it’s only about an hour’s drive, about the same as the centre of Bristol for me.

richmars

Another port drinker here.
    Winter=port and warming my toes in front of the log burner.

ads678

I dont drink much lager but i like that hop house guiness lager at the moment.

I am a port fan as well though.

nostoc
    Free Member

Countzero – my Morrisons has cwtch for £1.80. Maybe a Wales only thing (though you are maybe closer to source than me), but worth checking out.

Merak

Gayblades! Come for a wee swally in Glasgow sort you right out. 12 pints, extra marital experience, kebab, fight, home.

Keva
    Free Member

I got back from Corsica last w/end and have been drinking this for the last two weeks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Not Drinking nearly enough recently.’ is closed to new replies.