Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Not being able to drive due to diabetes and employment.
  • tomhoward

I’ve had a hypo whilst on a driving lesson, 10 years ago now, at the time I didn’t feel anything was really wrong (I’m normally well on top of blood sugar control). Had a couple of lessons after that, but I dont drive now, never passed my test. Properly scared me thinking back. Driving instructor wasnt too impressed either.

whytetrash

Mr Tall I’ve got a mate who’s exactly the same, type 1 diagnosed a yr ago recently come off insulin all together…. consultants have no idea why!

Qwerty in 3 yrs maybe 1 or 2 hypos’s have crept up on me…rest of the time I know its coming long before drivings a worry! always keep my sugars higher when driving…excuse for a few sweets!
    re pumps…

they can be removed for up to an hour with no ill effects so unless you are a pron star shouldn’t be an issue

an hour…that’s just warming up 😆 you still have the tube hanging out? or just the port on my skin would send my mrs squeamish!

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Not being able to drive due to diabetes and employment.’ is closed to new replies.