Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Not another question about Canyon bike purchases…
  • slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Apologies in advance. Currently waiting on a new bike from our German friends. Due to be shipped in Week 12 (this week is Week 10) but I’ve had a security text from my credit card company asking me to confirm the amount etc. Usual anti-fraud thing so pleased they are doing it at least!

Can anyone tell me how long in advance of shipping Canyon normally take the funds? I only ask as I understand that it is when the bike is shipped but not had any email and its not due to be for a further 1-2 weeks.

philholmes
    Free Member

I just got myself a road bike (which was delivered today 😀 )

This is an extract from one of the emails I received.

———————————–
    You have chosen in your order for a bank transfer. The corresponding
    Prepayment invoice can be found in the appendix.

Please transfer the amount not later than two weeks before the scheduled shipment date, at
    Express bikes and Outlet models as soon as possible so that we can deliver your order promptly.

Once your payment has been received, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
    ————————————

As mine was an Express bike model I just send the money right away and 4 days later they sent me the DHL delivery details. Bish Bash Bosh, I have a new bike.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Nice one. I’ve got a family holiday in 3 weeks and really want to have it by then. I guess the credit card route might take a couple of days longer than a bank transfer but it sounds promising (famous last words).

Which road bike did you get Phil?

philholmes
    Free Member

I got the Endurace CF 8.0, I wanted one with Ultegra really but the delivery time was not till end of May, so wen’t for the 105 model but with the DT swiss wheels and fancy seat post.

Good luck for a quick delivery!

Superficial
    Free Member

Canyon say that they don’t charge your card until dispatch. So it might be coming sooner than you think. You’d better get your hopes up.

I’m also waiting. It’s no fun.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Superficial. You’re not waiting on something with Di2 are you?

I have read somewhere else that Di2 models for a different manufacturer (Giant maybe?) are also on back order. Might be the Big S aren’t able to knock them out quickly enough.

Currently on winter bike and MTB so keep telling myself I’ll be flying when my Ultimate CF SL comes but the clock is ticking slowly!

Superficial
    Free Member

No I’m waiting on a strive which is all sram. I’ve been told it’s delayed due to component delay from “a third party”. Presumably the “third party” is in fact just the frame factory since the availability is different depending what size you order.

So I don’t buy it. I just think they can’t knock the frames out fast enough to satisfy demand. I have no idea if the same applies to road orders though.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Update: Bike arrived yesterday. Which is actually a week before it was due on the Order Form. Seems like I was lucky on this occasion. Very impressed with Canyon.

obiwankenobi
    Free Member

Full review of the strive when you get a chance to ride it please. Very interested in this bike, close to ordering. What spec did you go for. What geometry, normal or race? What height are you?
    Looking forward to hearing great things about this.
    Cheers.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Obi, You need to use the force I’m afraid. Sorry but it’s a road bike not the Strive. Superficial is your man for that – he’s still waiting on his.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Not another question about Canyon bike purchases…’ is closed to new replies.