Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • Not again…(US gun shootings)
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

theres no reason to have a big strop about it.

Of course not. There’s also no reason to get into a googling frenzy with an internet point-scorer.

TooTall
    Free Member

what kind of Americans are sufficiently into guns to want to keep the status quo?

Don’t think of it as a social class but rather more a political leaning. Basically, people who are commies support gun control.

To a lot of people, it really is that simple. They don’t seek to properly understand the issues, and just see ‘gun control’ as a direct attack on their ‘freedom’. This is despite the US being utterly hide-bound with red tape, petty bureaucracy and some of the worst small-minded localism I’ve ever experienced.
    I live in Virginia, where there is no documentation of gun transactions, gun fairs are common and the open carry of guns is not illegal (so I could carry a handcannon in a holster on show and that’s OK). Yet I have to buy spirits from a state-owned and run store that decides what alcohol is available in the state for me to buy. In the US, homeowners associations are common (I live in an area with one). If you could imagine a housing estate with rules for house colour, garden standards, what you can / can’t park in your drive etc and everyone pays in for common landscaping, facilities etc. So, a voluntary set of additional rules that you pay to have imposed upon you. There are pros and cons, but it’s another set of rules. You also need to pass a driving test and carry a license and have insurance etc to drive a car.

Yet having ANY level of control over guns that isn’t in place now is a threat to freedom?

Blinkered nonsense, but it’s how people live.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

Without reasonable checks that law is worthless

Yep. If Harper-Mercer was indeed mentally ill, as has been claimed, then the fact he had apparently 14 firearms in his possession suggests the need for tighter controls.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Not again…(US gun shootings)’ is closed to new replies.