Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • “Not acceptable for women to go to bars”
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Disgusting.

I’d like to see these sick **** try this sort of sh1t in Ilford, Newcastle, Portsmouth or wherever.

Good that something like this has been highlighted. Some cultures just simply have to change.. That ain’t ‘religion’, it’s fecked up extemism with no social, moral or cultural value.

Opps. Wrong forum. Sorry, I was to incensed by that, to bung it in’t right one.

will
    Free Member

Rather daft to say the least!Stuff like that just annoys me.

I remember watching a “hardest pubs in Britain” program the other month, and one pub wouldn’t allow women in… 🙄

Coyote
    Free Member

Fully agree with you Rudeboy. That is just vile.

GrahamS

Can I play Devil’s Advocate and point out that isn’t wasn’t so long ago that we had “Working Men’s Clubs” and “Gentleman’s Clubs” where women were not allowed?

In fact up until a few years ago I believe many golf courses didn’t allow women in the clubhouse.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It all went wrong when we gave them the vote

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

“Consortium of Pub-going, Loose and Forward Women”

didnt they split from the peoples front of judea some time arround the dead parrot incident?

Coyote
    Free Member

Likewise GrahamS, that is also pathetic.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I know a few bars where women are still “discouraged” from drinking. A drinks selection consisting of warm stout and cans of Tennets will normally be sufficient discouragement anyway.

Drac

A club I was once a member of still has the rule of no women in the bar, apart of course from the bar staff. It was that and many other pathetic rules that I stopped going, miss the cheap drink though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I remember men only pubs in Glasgow. Many of them were and did not provide a womens loo. Others were women in the lounge only -not in the bar.

50 yrs ago women in britain could not even open a bank account in their own name.

IanMunro
    Free Member

50 yrs ago women in britain could not even open a bank account in their own name.

A far more sensible era. If you can’t read a map, or even fold it up correctly, you really shouldn’t be let near a bank statement.

BoardinBob

I remember men only pubs in Glasgow. Many of them were and did not provide a womens loo. Others were women in the lounge only -not in the bar.

Aye The Georgic in Shawlands only installed a womens toilet in the last few years 😆

GrahamS

Likewise GrahamS, that is also pathetic.

No argument here. Just saying “Let him who is not stoned cast first.. or whatever”

Of course, we didn’t tend to publicly beat the women in the street if we saw them at a bar. We took a far more British approach of scurrilous rumour and social exclusion.

donald
    Free Member

In fact up until a few years ago I believe many golf courses didn’t allow women in the clubhouse.

Many still don’t

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

They have ladies only gyms so why not men only bars?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I would like to go to a ladies only gym.

I don’t want to go to a men-only bar!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

But would the ladies want you in their gym?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

But if you apply one rule, you have to apply it equally and fairly.

Should women be able to have “own gender” groups, clubs and support groups? Or should men be allowed admittance?

I think it is true that men and women dont experience the exact same things or see things in exactly the same way, all the time. Men and women are whilst 99.9% like men, do need to have that remaining percentage catered for.

Ditto, when men get together they can have a tendancy to boorish behaviour. Men behave differently in the company of women. Whilst I might have been able to avail myself of a masonic introduction, I chose not to, and left organisations like Round Table as well simply as my idea of a good evening isn’t one in exclusively male company. However, I see nothing wrong in it in itself and wouldn’t condem others for doing that. I also therefore apply the reverse and would have no issues with clubs or societies that I am barred from on gender terms, as they simply serve needs that I don’t have.

Sure, golf clubs and working mens clubs, are not behaving appropriately in disbarring women, so its hard to draw a line, but on a case by case basis, leave the WI for women.

Equality isn’t the same as recognisisng genuine differences.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Of course the question is do women want admittance to working mens clubs for any other reason than just because they are excluded?

Having been in a few I really can’t see the appeal for women.

Is it purely a case of “well the law says I can so there”?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

But would the ladies want you in their gym?

Well, no, because they wouldn’t want me looking at their bottoms! Fair enough.

I think people have strayed off the point a bit here. The bars in India aren’t segregated; this is an extremist cult who are acting illegally. Their actions are abhorrent. They are scum.

Some of these Mens only pubs sound like lovely places.. 😯

lcj

Opening the doors to the Long Room at Lord’s was the beginning of the end.

zaskar
    Free Member

It’s like love, religion, homosexuality – people feel threatened, need control and not open minded.

I wouldn’t want my GF drinking in a pub all day getting chatted up so I went out with a quiet lass who expected the same of me etc.

If they want to go to the pub – who cares?

But to assault anyone with different values -is just dumb.

aleigh
    Free Member

i wouldn’t mind an all men bar 😆

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You haven’t seen the kind of men that frequent these places, Aleigh… 😯

Can I come to Canada with you?

PLEEEAAASEE???? 😥

WTF
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I was in Cumnock recently and it appears the women there aren’t allowed to shave.

hora
    Free Member

Did aleigh say she wanted a mans ‘bar’? (hee hee)
    I once took 3 girls into the Sportmans bar in Huddersfield. Every bloke stared and didnt know what to do as they didnt want their wives in there but young, nubile girls had them confused. They served Vodka and orange with orange cordial.

MTT
    Free Member

LOL @ Nobeerinthefridge, Something similar in Newcastle but it involves fat girls not covering up.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

women shouldn’t be allowed to drink ever. and they shouldn’t be allowed crisps or cornettos either, as they just make them loopy.

coolfurcats
    Free Member

I thought men only pubs were still around… Now they’re called Ladbrooks betting agencies… 😯

aleigh
    Free Member

hora – what are you talking about? is this coded bloke talk? 😯

rudeboy – yes you can join me in canada, you just have to behave as i don’t want to kicked out of the country before i even exit the airport 😆

alpin
    Free Member

at my dad’s golf club two women were out on the terrace. they complained about the foul language they over heard coming from two men talking about their game of golf.

the club secretary took the decision to ban women from the terrace.

but agreed, that video is sick. **** cut their knobs off.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They served Vodka and orange with orange cordial.

What flavour cordial did you add to the Vodka and Ornage then…my, my, must have been fruity

zaskar
    Free Member

Hey it’s their country…

Besides they are probably saying the same about the UK on a lot of things.

At least they don’t have racial hatred parties.

Oh they do. Dam! 😈

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘“Not acceptable for women to go to bars”’ is closed to new replies.