Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Not a whinge, but who else is on their own on Christmas day?
  • iDave
    Free Member

My routine is to see the kids in the morning, then I'm home alone. Wondering what to do this year. Could do with finding a Chrimbo lock-in.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Go for a ride on the empty trails!

iDave
    Free Member

I can do that any day Mon-Fri

rebus
    Free Member
    Mister-P
    Free Member

I am not this year but 3 years ago my parents were abroad so I spent the day alone. I ate far too much, had too many beers and watched crap on the TV and didn't have a row with anyone. Bliss!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

No friends you can visit – hopefully getting fed in the process?

samuri
    Free Member

Do you want to do my on call?

ourmaninthenorth

My parents seem to be inviting all sorts of people to stay at Christmas, except me, their eldest child, so they'll probably have you if you want to go..!

gusamc
    Free Member

Could volunteer for Sally Army or similar.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I'm on my own over christmas, just moved to a different part of the country, both my parents houses are full, and both are to far for a day trip. Might try and get some overtime from work to pay for a new holiday in february or something.

woody2000

gus and rebus have it, great idea. The alternative would be to dress as Santa, get p*ssed and wander round your local town centre shouting at buses. 😀

djc1245
    Free Member

I'm working.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

get p*ssed and wander round your local town centre shouting at buses.

😆

lister-hooded
    Free Member

Fingers Crossed …

I'll get to spend the day on my own !

Plan is to take the bike up to Nidderdale and do a ride round Angram & Scar House, take some photos, have a picnic lunch and a great day…

HOWEVER, yesterday was the start of the usual… you MUST come to us for Xmas dinner form the parents, so the battle begins… I've lost it for the last few years and really do fancy my plan this year….

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I am on my own again, have been for many years. No parental family, no offspring, no partner. I tend to feel worse if I visit friends as most of the time they only offer out of obligation or kindness and would rather just be with their own immediate families, so its more depressing to visit than to be alone, as I just feel in the way all the time. Shame as I really love the absurdity of Christmas.

In years when the weather has been OK, I have taken the bike for a ride around places that are usually very busy and crowded, but empty on xmas morning/day. Its weird, like some aliens have stolen everyone, but gives a definite 'high' for some reason.

GrahamS

My wife is on call for both Xmas day and New Years this year.

So I have the choice: sit home alone all day Christmas Day, so she doesn't have to come home to an empty house – or go spend Christmas Day at my mum's, safe in the knowledge that the missus will just come in and fall asleep within about 10 minutes.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I'm on my own too…….in Hanoi.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

+1 for the charity work, ive done it the past few years with age concern.

get up in the morning open gifts with family then couple of folk stay behind to work on dinner in peace and quiet and the rest of the adult family go give a few hours to the old folk, then home for dinner.

Karinofnine

I'm on my own again this year. I'll be riding my bike, walking my dog and drinking some JD. I won't be doing the whole overeating, overspending, insincerity that is Christmas.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Poor little bugger. Where'd you live? You can join us!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Must admit i'm not exactly looking forward to Xmas day.

cinnamon_girl

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/just-curious-who-is-giving-the-c-word-a-miss-this-year

I can't think about "C" at the moment, been too busy pysching myself up to deal with this particularly difficult week 😥

What really really gets up my nostrils is family telling me that I'm being very selfish by not shopping for their "C" dinner, cooking their "C" dinner and then clearing up after said "C" dinner. **** them, I've done it for too many years, it's time for a change.

Solo
    Free Member

Another single here on Xmas day.

getting use to it, cycling is good, although will probably get the TCR out.

"What really really gets up my nostrils is family telling me that I'm being very selfish"

Having family would be a nice start.

Its true what they say, you don't miss it till its gone.

S.

soma_rich
    Free Member

My first C without my family but will be having stunning day with my GF.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i'll be spending the day on my own too, i think. not too bothered about that to be honest. i'll probably get out on the bike for most of it.
    going to my parents' house on boxing day for a couple of days.

Zab

Yes, Christmas is when I'm reminded that everyone has family to go to except me.

Oh never mind, they'll be having all the family quarrels and I'll be having the peace and joy especially if I get out on the bike.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Keep looking around, find a nice lady, ask her to come round for a meal on Christmas day. Sorted.

Solo
    Free Member

No one will be quarreling in my family…

S.

Blower
    Free Member

bah humbug hate it…

gonna ride on the day though,should be peaceful.

oldfart

CG e mail me any time you want remember .Not intruding just offering.OF.

ahwiles
    Free Member

a couple of years ago, my car broke down on christmas eve, i couldn't get home (parents house).

so i spent 3 days on my own*, it was bliss.

(* met up with a few local friends for a few beers here and there)

zaskar
    Free Member

Get people together and organise a xmas ride iDave.

Merry xmas btw

Irish_AL
    Free Member

yip another sad case here 😥

radoggair
    Free Member

i'll be working xmas day from about 8am to 8pm or so, making sure alot of people are getting fed, being merry and having a jolly good time all for £46.99 pp, not including drinks. Apart from one year this has been my life for 18 years so its the norm, although i wish people would understand that those that have to work that day also want to have a bit of xmas to themselves and so wouldn't sit for ages and ages after finishing there meal and never rush to get out he door.

anagallis_arvensis

I'm going to be in the orthopedic ward of the royal berks, if anyone is at a loose end they can come and visit as long as they smuggle in some gin and tonic to go with my morphine, just dont texpect much conversation.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Not a whinge, but who else is on their own on Christmas day?’ is closed to new replies.