• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Not a stealth ad – help me price my Boardman Carbon road bike
  • Alex

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9fjNA8]Boardbling[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Spec is hidden in this article: http://philsroadbikingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/boardman-team-carbon-2011-review.html. Mine is the 210 LTD edition whatever that means. Upgraded wheels to quite pricey Fulcrum (5 I think), saddle to a charge fork and since that pic bars are re-taped with black comfier tape and a different seat post is in there after I went for a bike fit.

It must have done 500 miles. Everything is original even the tyres! Used it on a 10 mile commute to the station when I worked in Brum. No interest in road riding then or since, no idea what’s changed or what’s a reasonable asking price.

I bought it C2W for £1000 and I think the wheels were about £400. No idea why I bought them really!

Any ideas much appreciated.

steve_b77
    Free Member

6/7 years Old, I’d say £350 tops

poah
    Free Member

50p

Watty

Al, a quick check of the photo shows them to be Racing 3s!

Alex

Hello Watty! Racing 3s eh? Is that good? Honestly I cherish my ignorance on the subject. I’ve got the originals in the loft somewhere. Could throw them in if it makes a difference.

I had about £400 in my head for no other reason than it was about 30% of what I paid.. I might go with Poah’s estimate as a reserve 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

You’ll get more than £400 on ebay IMO.

AlexSimon

I’m guessing you’d get £500-600 on ebay if you can post.
    Slightly less if collect only.
    I’d probably put the original wheels on and sell the fulcrums separately.

Alex

Posting isn’t a problem. I see to have a lot of bike boxes 😉 I’ll try it locally on FB first. Any idea of a fair price for those wheels on their own?

Bez

Nice stealth ad 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah, saying “this isn’t a stealth ad” doesn’t stop it being exactly that.

Like all these **** adverts it’s worth what someone will pay. I’ll beat poah and pay 57p, but no more.

Put it on eBay, that’ll tell you what it’s worth. HTH.

The one thing Bike Radar does right is not allow this shit.

Alex

Well don’t click on it then. Rather than get annoyed about it.

It’s a genuine question. I’d rather sell it locally via a FB group so I don’t have to ship. For that I need a price as those groups don’t let you post without one.

It’s as simple as that. Feel free to remain grumpy about it tho.

Bez

njee20, may I suggest one of these? 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Not a stealth ad – help me price my Boardman Carbon road bike’ is closed to new replies.