Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Not a niche bike anymore….
  • LMT
    Free Member

I’m always riding something a bit different but still main stream to others, was the first of our group of bikers to ride 29, for a few years didnt see any 29ers out on the trails.

Last year I went 650b plus, in the last 12 months I’ve never seen another plus bike at Cannock, I’ve seen fat Bikes but no plus.

Today I saw 2 other plus bikes be it 2.8 while mine is a 3.0, so I’m not niche, what do i get next??

I’ve not seen a 29+ so a stache maybe but I’m short legged hence why I went 650b plus….decisions!

nealglover
    Free Member

LMT
    Free Member

I wish I had kept my p7 or 26er camber, still look out for a good second hand one!

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Done 26, 650 (which is pretty much 26), 29 and 29 plus… Oh and 69er.

This is my next bike.. a 36er

neilwheel
    Free Member

Is that you Don? You look a bit grumpy about your new bike.

philjunior
    Free Member

Surely a 3650b (36er front, 650b rear door short person friendliness) is the only way to go?

takisawa2

Tall bike.
    I tried one, & loved it.
    The funniest thing ever.
    I’ve now collected 3 old steel clunkers to make my own.

somafunk

Steel framed rigid 26” wheel hard tail with 1.8 fire xc tyres and 140mm stem, 580mm bars with stubbie bar ends should see you back in the land of niche

matt_outandabout

somafunk +1

scaredypants

3650b

that’s 3650b+, right ?

LAT

I love the risers on that 36er. Just in case he needed a little more height at the front! Some wood chippers would look good on a 36er and even better on a 3650b to give it that penny farthing look I’ve felt has been missing from the modern bicycle.

Perhaps a 29+ or fat full suspension bike would make you stand out in your group. Is it the Salsa Deadwood that is 29+ full sus?

Splash-man
    Free Member

Steel framed rigid 26” wheel hard tail with 1.8 fire xc tyres and 140mm stem, 580mm bars with stubbie bar ends should see you back in the land of niche

Never stopped riding my Kona Unit set up just like that !

weeksy

29er trike! That’s the niche right there.

sanername

I have a Siren Song (US HANDBUILT SOFTTAIL)
    120mm 29er up front. 60mm 650b in the back, the idea was to make it a hardcore softtail.
    It’s a great bike, but I’ve just upper the nicheness of it, by making it a drop bar MTB. Big rise stem Midge bars. Hilarious fun.

RustySpanner

Sidecar?
    I’d love a trike.
    🙂

redsox
    Free Member

Is he standing far away from a normal sized bike?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I love the risers on that 36er. Just in case he needed a little more height at the front! [/Quote]

You need to see the size of the guy he built ut for. Its practically a bmx.

km79
    Free Member

Fat ebike.

sweepy
    Free Member

Well for my next bike I’m getting rid of the wheels entirely and using huge slices of toast. Wholemeal.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Fat recumbent?

kerley
    Free Member

I have ridden a niche bike as an off-road bike for 15 years and it remains niche.

Fixed gear track bike with no brakes and most of the time using riser bars. Perfect for where I live (no challenging trails), very fast, very light and low maintenance
    Granted, I may not use it for a 6 hour off road ride but I don’t do those.

TiRed

Airnimal Rhino. How many 20″ wheeled FS mtbs do you expect to see on the trail? It’s what is started out on and I was always being asked about it. Rarer than those Utah Trikes fat trikes I suspect.

NormalMan

somafunk – Member

Ok I’m hooked. Where do I get one? 8)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Not a niche bike anymore….’ is closed to new replies.