Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Not a bad private collection ,anyone bidding?
  • smiththemainman
    Free Member
    STATO
    Free Member

In case anyone cant be bothered to follow the OPs lazy link and pointlessly cryptic header (in the bike forum?!) its some pictures of cars. Thrilling.

smiththemainman
    Free Member
    smiththemainman
    Free Member

Apologies for wasting your time STATO how do i put in the chat if you could point me in the correct direction.

redthunder
    Free Member

I feel a screen saver coming on 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

STATo needs coffee 😉

STATO
    Free Member

I dont drink coffee. It just dislike lazy posting and clickbait headings. He didn’t even mention it was a car collection, would that have been so difficult?

DezB
    Free Member

I’d like to thank Stato for saving me the time clicking on that link. 🙂

smiththemainman
    Free Member

If you bothered to look there are classic cycles, take a chill pill and enjoy your day.

thepodge
    Free Member

my oh my that Alfa is nice

sputnik
    Free Member

There are some interesting job lots in there with classic bikes!
    And this shaft drive bike!!
    http://rmsothebys.com/tv16/duemila-ruote/lots/la-metropole-shaft-drive-bicycle/1087846

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Sputnik , that is a belter!!

wwaswas

my oh my that Alfa is nice

My brother has one in red. They are rather good 🙂

STATO
    Free Member

If you bothered to look there are classic cycles, take a chill pill and enjoy your day.

Your initial link was to some pictures of cars. There was nothing in what you typed that would’ve prompted me to investigate further and spend time reading the link. You obviously thought it must be of interest in some way as you posted it, but how was I to know what it was that I might have been interested in when the initial indication was it was a car auction. I like cars but there are lots of pictures available so I didn’t bother looking further.

Sputnik , that is a belter!!

Yes, the way he described what he was linking to was very clear 😉

willard

to be fair, they do have bikes in the lots as well.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve give ’em £40 for the F40.

Nico
    Free Member

Subject should have been “What old car buffs don’t want you to know”. I’d have clicked on that.

epicyclo

I can see why he’s selling those cars.

There’s bugger all room in them for your bike… 🙂

thesloth
    Free Member

Here’s a “better” link:
    http://rmsothebys.com/tv16/duemila-ruote/lots/?sort=lot

Scroll down past the 4 wheeled things and signs. Bikes start at lot 168.
    Pity they don’t list the frame sizes.

the00
    Free Member

I thought 4 Testarossas was impressive, but 20 E-types too!

the00
    Free Member

And then over 50 911s!

redthunder
    Free Member

I’ve picked one out 🙂

sobriety
    Free Member

Is that class 1 offshore powerboat really listed at $200 – $400 or is it a typo?

giantalkali
    Free Member

After the Grumble thread fiasco, once again I’m disappointed.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Thanks to the mod who moved it to the correct forum ,there would have been some bargains with a stronger pound looking at the guides!!

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I just don’t get the fetishism with cars.

And as for that auction, all it says to me is that a very rich person with no imagination couldn’t think of anything else to spend his money on, so went for the most obvious choice of some old cars.

CountZero

STATO – Member
    Your initial link was to some pictures of cars. There was nothing in what you typed that would’ve prompted me to investigate further and spend time reading the link. You obviously thought it must be of interest in some way as you posted it, but how was I to know what it was that I might have been interested in when the initial indication was it was a car auction. I like cars but there are lots of pictures available so I didn’t bother looking further.

Oddly enough, I knew exactly what this thread was going to be about, before I even thought about clicking on it.
    If I hadn’t, I might still have clicked on it just out of curiosity. If I hadn’t found it of interest, I’d have gone elsewhere, I wouldn’t have found it necessary to whine about it.
    🙄

TheDTs
    Free Member

Whats the background on the collection? any info?
    The collection has some beautiful stuff and I like the fact that they have the race and road versions of some cars.
    Those boats look mental, some serious BHP for your euro!

l45key
    Free Member

The whole collection was owned by Umberto Compiano of Treviso, owner of a group of companies (“Vigilanza Compiano”) in the cash and valuables transport business. Unfortunately he borrowed millions of Euros from one or several bank(s) for his business, but actually used the money to compile this amazing collection of toys… The auction is now held by court order, it’s a bankruptcy sale.

jimw
    Free Member

as a bankrupcy sale it may explain why some of the valuations seem low. That and selling so many of the same vehicles at once

Not all though.

My pick of that bunch would be the Alfa GTA Stradale, or the best condition Fulvia HF Fanalone

smiththemainman
    Free Member

I’d be happy with the Cooper S , not greedy

nasher
    Free Member

Thinking of heading over there as I’m only 3 hours away, I have always wanted a california replica, and that alloy body with pretty much rolling chassis can be a good buy

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Not a bad private collection ,anyone bidding?’ is closed to new replies.