Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Nostalgic crisps
  • maccruiskeen

A solid lump of the flavouring in the bottom of a pack of S&V Discos was an eye-waterer

batfink
    Free Member

Space Raiders remained at a retail price of 10 pence from their introduction in the late 1970s until late October 2007, when the price increased to 15p. It later increased to 25p before lowering to 20p. The price has continued to fluctuate, reflecting the volatility of the underlying commodity prices. At the time of the original 5p price rise, directors at United Biscuits received death threats.[2] In August of 2014, Tescos ran a 10 pack multibuy offer at £1, temporarily resetting the individual pack price to 10 pence. [3]

Each crisp is in the shape of an alien head. Prior to the change in EC food colouring laws, Roast Beef Space Raiders were bright red and pickled onion ones were green.

Xylene
    Free Member

Trading standards made Hedgehog flavoured crisps change their name

crankboy
    Free Member

Tudor pickled onion were ace “ye canee beet a canny bag o Tudor” but my childhood fave was golden wonder pickled onion. I also remember some mushroom flavoured puff balls called ‘kung fu’ . My mum and dad had a weird objection to flavoured crisps they used to buy smiths ready salted so I would always put wostersauce and vinegar in the bag shake it up and eat the result.
    This has to be my favorite thread !

binners

Those Horror Bags always remind me of swimming lessons on a Saturday morning as a kid. The vending machines were full of Fangs, Claws and Bones. I’ve got to disagree with teasel, I thought these were the best

Did all salt and vinegar crisps back then make your head go like this….

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Nostalgic crisps’ is closed to new replies.