Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Nosey neighbour, or curious.
  • project
    Free Member

Recently a neighbour, has comented on what time i go to work and times i come back, different each day, sometimes with tools and sometimes with just a book and tape measure, when doing estimates.

He also coments on when i go out on the bike and where do i go, and also if i didnt go out that day.

He also knows where everyone works and their hours,

Final straws last week when i left a note for a neighbour in the comunal post box of her block, and he read it and asked if i had left the note,even though i hadnt signed it(nothing personal on it),

and he even comented the postman must be tired after delivering lots of mail to me every day,even though he shouldnt have access to our block.

highclimber
    Free Member

Sounds like he's lonely and probably a pedophile.

wwaswas

I'd say they're bored and lonely, spend a lot of time lookign out of their window each day and are desparate for someone to talk to.

They then talk to you about you because they feel they know you because of your comings and goings.

You should point them at stw, they'd be fine 😉

Alternatively, next time they talk to you start askign them about what they do, show a bit of interest and maybe mention that it feels like they know more about you than you do as 'a joke' they may get the point…

twistedlemons
    Free Member

ring the social services and tell them he buys vast ammounts of sweets and hangs round the local kids play areas,should keep him busy for a while,or you could nail up his door and whitewash his windows.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

That's what people used to do before the internet.

jon1973
    Free Member

Is this him?

JulianA
    Free Member

highclimber – Member

Yeah, he's after your feet!

Seriously though, a bit intrusive, but at least if you are friends with him he will know when you are away and would hopefully keep an eye out for your property…

Edric64
    Free Member

Is that picture after he had died?

tron
    Free Member

At a guess, he's retired and bored shitless. If you days consist of Crap in the attic and the likes, you've not got much to talk about other than what you observe out of the window.

jon1973
    Free Member

but at least if you are friends with him he will know when you are away and would hopefully keep an eye out for your property…

That's all very well until you come home one day and he's sitting on your sofa wearing your dressing gown and slippers. 😉

JulianA
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

That's all very well until you come home one day and he's sitting on your sofa wearing your dressing gown and slippers.

Yeah, OK, but you know what I meant!

I hated people knowing what we were up to when we lived in town, but now I feel differently in the sticks.

Paul_F
    Free Member

If it was me I'd be candid with him and tell him that you feel like he's stalking you and intruding on your privacy and generally making you feel uncomfortable. See what reaction that gets and if it doesn't stop you could always just wee in his shoes.

jon1973
    Free Member

if it doesn't stop you could always just wee in his shoes.

Bonus points for doing it while he's wearing them.

flatfish
    Free Member

on the other hand he's great neighbourhood wacth when your bikes get nicked.
    jeez, you lot are all so cynical.

hels
    Free Member

Tell him you are an MI5 operative and need him to write down the number plate of every car that drives along the street. For National Security.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

lonely

sweepy
    Free Member

Wwaswas has it right here I think, you might be glad of him one day if he spots someone coming down the stairs with your bike.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Lonely doesn't give you the right to check other peoples things.
    Personally he sounds like a serial killer…
    If you have the time, chat to him if you want to be his friend.
    I wouldn't have time for myself let alone chats to people in this busy world but he sounds like the person who tops himself and you'd wish you had done more etc.

And you probably should get a PO box…extra locks on your door, scan for cameras in your room and see if there are any tunnels in your basement…

😯

Woody
    Free Member

Got one like that in my street – retired farmer who wanders round the houses like he is checking on his flock/herd. I've even seen him looking in bins when he thinks everyone is at work !

as ^^ very good as neighbourhood watch and handy for taking delivery of shiny bike bits when at work. Bit odd but I'm sure it's jst boredom.

Cougar

Screw with him. Go out one day in a clown's outfit, come home wearing a bright pink tutu, and then deny all knowledge of it when he asks you.

steve-g
    Free Member

Knowledge is power, and this is war!!

Start going through his bins and keep some sort of spreadsheet

hora
    Free Member

Exposed yourself to him and if he says 'yes I've seen that before' you then know hes got cameras/wire in your place.

If he freaks and calls the Police then the gamble failed.

project
    Free Member

flatfish – Member
    on the other hand he's great neighbourhood wacth when your bikes get nicked.
    jeez, you lot are all so cynical.

Posted 19 hours ago # Report-Post

Never saw a car being nicked, another car broken into, and numerous other things going on.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Nosey ****, who probably thinks you're on benfits and wouldn't think twice about shopping you.

Got a neighbour here who "notices" everything, but when things are going wrong (yoofs in cars last year) he suddenly sees naff all and usually finishes a conversation with "didn't see anything, doesn't bother me, you'd better sort it". **** even saw a neighbour getting beaten up by a local thug and did nothing.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Maybe he's Autistic or something similar. When I was in my teens a neighbour had their autistic son live with them in a granny flat an dhe knew everything that was going on, The only way he knew how to interact with people was by commenting on seeing what they do.

Its sad that we always asume someone is upto no good.

IMHO Just say your hello's and get on with your day.

pault41
    Free Member

Maybe he's Autistic or something similar. When I was in my teens a neighbour had their autistic son live with them in a granny flat an dhe knew everything that was going on, The only way he knew how to interact with people was by commenting on seeing what they do.

Its sad that we always asume someone is upto no good.

PLUS ONE ,aspergers

coffeeking
    Free Member

He's doing no harm.

ononeorange

Does he have a large and obviously fake beard and a heavy Russian accent?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Be thankful he's interested in you.

What ever you do, don't say here he thinks your the dogs bollocks. Or that he is a retired cokehead Canadian ex underwear model.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Joking aside.

How old is he? is retired? I would hate to retire and be old, no friends but most of would do something about it while others -depressed suicidal crave company etc. Joking aside, put up with it unless you are really uncomfortable. Just have a quick natter here and there-get to know him while in your comfort zone. He'll get used to how long you chat and respect your boundaries.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Nosey neighbour, or curious.’ is closed to new replies.