Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • nose running and sneezing after swimming
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Last year I was swimming in a local pool and afterwards my nose streamed all day, it was like hayfever (something I’ve never had) and it’s happened this week after going to the pool again. Anyone had anything similar? used antihistamines the first and second time which helped but when I used them today they didn’t really seem to have any effect.

leebaxter
    Free Member

You must have some reaction to chlorine, or urine. Cant think of any remedy though, sorry.

convert

My sister (immunologist, amongst other things medical) says it’s a latent t cell response – whatever that means.

The solution is either a steroid nasal spray or wearing a nose clip – I go the nose clip route.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, most times I go swimming. Depends how much chlorine is in the water I think. I wear a nose clip if I remember to.

timber

Yep, no idea why, don’t use swimming pools anymore.

fontmoss
    Free Member

i’ll try the nose clip, might bend my immunology lecturer’s ear when see him next

cheers guys

Stuey01
    Free Member

Happens to me too. Seems to get better after a few times.

I suggest a low dose of HTFU.

teagirl
    Free Member

Yck, go away, here’s a box of tissues!

dxb
    Free Member

same deal for me, but as I generally swim after work it only lasts the rest of the evening and isn’t too inconvenient.
    I’ve recently swum in a few different pools(hols n moving), and discovered its the extra chlorinated pools that get me sneezing, as I don’t have the problem with less chlorinated pools.
    If you have the choice try a different pool?

greenboy
    Free Member

Take an anti-histamine tablet before you go and you’ll not get the runny nose or sneezing. Works every time.a

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘nose running and sneezing after swimming’ is closed to new replies.