Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Norwegian Air – any one flown to usa with bike using them ?
  • zinger
    Free Member

Anyone flown to USA with Norwegian Air with their MTB ?

I see on their web site that you get upto 25kg for your bike bag and you pay an extra £47 each way

I dont like the look of the wording “Book early to make sure we’ve got space for your bike.”

Anyone get an experience of using them ?

oldnpastit

Bookmarking….

gears_suck
    Free Member

I’ve taken my bike to and from the US many times using a variety of carriers. Always showed up with it at check in and paid each way separately.
    Once on a US to UK flight, I wasn’t charged at all. They just said. “Bike?” I said, “Yea.” They said, “Have you let the air out of the tires? I said, “Yea.”
    They said, “Cool, have a nice trip.”

mauja
    Free Member

Not used them to the US but flew Norwegian Airlines to Denmark with my bike. I pre booked and didn’t have any issues although worth checking what bags they accept as mine said hard case bike boxes only.

Not sure how it works with other airlines but Norwegian told me they restrict how many bike bookings they take per flight so if you book you’re guaranteed space for it on your flight. Some of the people on the same trip as me but flying with Easyjet had their bikes bumped onto a later flight due to no space in the hold even though they’d booked in advance.

jamcorse

Been in the industry, great respect for Norwegian but I strongly recommend that you do prebook your bike to save upset at check in. If the flight is full (and everyone works v hard to make sure that it is) you could be in for disappointment if you haven’t booked your bike early. Try to get them to confirm that it will travel with you when you book. Don’t be shy of using their call centre to make sure.

lank45
    Free Member

Not taken the bike but just back from California and flew with Norwegian.

There are lots of horror stories online but take them with a pinch of salt. Modern, clean, new planes with polite and helpful staff, decent enough food and other snacks/drinks were proper sizes and reasonably priced. We flew back with a couple poles strapped to one of our bags (don’t ask). No bother, they sorted it. I’ll be using them again for sure.

Only thing they were getting people with was massive carry on baggage. Let you get to the gate, pull those with big bags, weigh them and if a jot over 10kg charged them $40 to stick it in the hold. To be fair most were taking the p***.

benpinnick

I flown to the US with Norwegian, its a basic service but good planes (Ive only ever been on dreamliners with Norwegian), pretty comfy, everything works and the bonus of not flying into main airports which I find speeds things up a lot for immigration/departure. Definitely recommended, and if you can pre-book your bike, why not?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Norwegian Air – any one flown to usa with bike using them ?’ is closed to new replies.