Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Norway on Saturday, what clothes??
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well a cruise up some fjords anyway, stopping at Stavanger, Bergen & some other place I can’t pronounce. What’s the weather likely to be like? Do I take enough stuff to sink the ship like with Scotland or what?
    I’m going to save weight by not taking a suit & tie.

ton

gobuchul
    Free Member

I used to spend a lot of time in Norway in the Summer.

Scotland is a good comparison.

You can expect everything from sunny 20C+ to overcast, cold and wet Autumn type weather.

I would take layers, lightweight waterproof, fleece and good base layers.

It’s incredibly beautiful though and well worth a visit.

avdave2

RustySpanner

I think traditional dress is compulsory on Saturdays?

warns74
    Free Member

Maybe look at the weather forecast and temperatures in each of the places you are going?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I thought this Saturday (20th of August) is their National Nude day.

darrell
    Free Member

go to http://www.yr.no

the weather here in Stavanger on Saturday is likely to be between 14-18 and a bit damp

ElShalimo

“There’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing, so get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little”.
    Billy Connolly

theauthorities
    Free Member

in bergen it will be
    raining
    i know that
    without
    looking at the official weather forecast

Del

up near bodo it was gloves/primaloft jacket @ 7AM and shirt sleeves in the afternoon at this time of year. inside the artic circle though. 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, especially him with the gammy ankle. (hope you get an itch under the bandage that you can’t get to, HA!)

Don’t think we get to Bergen till Sunday evening ish. Will be spending my 60th birthday there!
    Anyway I’ll just take a bit of everything to be on the safe side. Like Scotland.

dovebiker

Mozzie net – my abiding memory of camping in Hardangerfjord was literally being eaten alive by mozzies as soon as the sun went down – being raised in Scotland I thought that midge-tolerant!

tjagain

Tweeds. Not the right sort of area for a linen suit so tweeds it has to be. Plus fours if you feel daring.

StirlingCrispin

The fjords are surprisingly mild. It gets chilly very quickly as you climb away from them though.

If it’s not raining, lightweight fleece or jacket is all you’ll need. If it’s sunny, just a t-shirt and shorts.

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

Bring a good waterproof. It rains alot.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Norway on Saturday, what clothes??’ is closed to new replies.