Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Northwave celsius or celsius arctic, anyone tried both
  • thorlz
    Free Member

As per the title, Has anyone got any experience of both of these boots.

Are the arctics that much warmer and does that mean they are useable for less of the year

or

Are the normal ones warm enough for winter use with good socks and usable for spring/autumn without being too warm.

And the normal sizing question, size up or stick with my normal (size 8 in normal boots / trainers).

Many thanks……

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I’ve not got both, but I find the normal celsius more than warm enough down to -5 (As cold as i’ve gone with them) and that’s with thin socks.

Amazingly, they don’t seem too hot in warmer weather. They’re my only SPD shoes at the moment, so if I’m on the commuter I’m wearing these year round. The build quality is great too.

Recommended.

spooky_b329

I’v got the normal ones, and probably wear them for three seasons. Tad cold in winter but I am prone to cold feet anyway so you can probably disregard that 🙂

Very comfy as they are more supportive around the ankle than normal shoes so they are my first choice on most rides.

djflexure

First ride with Artic today. Nice boot. Warm with Sealskin socks on. Plenty of room for the size. Water gets in through the sock top, so had very wet feet at the end. Would not particularly want anything less warm.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I don’t own both but I’ve tried both on and preferred the Artics for fit. I now have two pairs and rate then highly and I’m glad I got the Artics for snugness. I junked the standard insoles though and now run Spesh ones. Rain gets in the top but I run a short gaiter to stop this.

thorlz
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies, may get the normal ones, may be a bit colder but will get more use from them……or then again.

Heads or tails it is then.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

why would you buy a pair of winter boots that were colder?

the whole point of winter boots is to keep your feet warm…. and you can’t be too warm can you? If it’s not that cold then just wear thinner socks. I’d say go Artics. If you do and regret it then I will publicly apologise 😉

thorlz
    Free Member

Good point, well made. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Northwave celsius or celsius arctic, anyone tried both’ is closed to new replies.