Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Northwave Celsius boot sizing help
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

No where local sells these

My shimano mw80 are sized 45 which according to wiggle is a size 10

But northwave suggest that 45 is a size 11?

So a bit conflicting straight away looking on the web, can anyone clarify what a size 45 eu is in uk sizing please?

I’m a size 9uk so want a bit of space for thicker socks come winter if anyone can advise please?

Cheers

awptechnical
    Free Member

I’m generally a size 43 when it comes to shoes. I found I had to go to up a size to 44 for the Celsius sizing whilst wearing a pair of Smart Wool walking socks. I am also a 44 in Shimano shoes. I find the Euro sizing to be more accurate/consistent than the UK sizing.

Hope that helps.

awptechnical
    Free Member

Rutland Cycles had stock of the Celsius last season.

njee20
    Free Member

I’m a 44 in Celcius/Fahrenheit, 44 in Spesh, 44 in casual trainers, 45 in Sidi and Shimano and a 43 in ‘smart’ shoes. If that helps…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers so far guys, appreciated, njee is size 43 a 8 uk? So you basically size up one for the northwave boots?

njee20
    Free Member

43 is more like a 9, I always buy shoes in European sizes though, as few are actually made in UK sizes, just converted back – hence sizes varying. One EU size doesn’t equal one UK either. For example if you look at Spesh shoes they go 42-43-44-45-46 etc, whilst the UK sizing is 7-8-9-10.5-11 or something.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers, Ok cool so I’m best going off the northwave chart and not comparing to the shimano eu sizes then

So as I’m a 9 I’ll ip size to a 10 whatever that is in eu northwave sizing

Daffy

I’m a 43 (UK9) in normal shoes, a 44 wide in Shimano shoes with thin socks, a 43 in Northwave Celcius without socks or thin socks and a 45 in the Celcius with thick socks.

I have all of the above including a set of MW80s in a 44 which when I wear thick socks, seem to stop circulation to my toes. I do tend to suffer from cold feet when riding.

Hope it helps.

drlex
    Free Member

FWIW, I bought the Euro 45/UK11 (US 12) Celsius “Artic” (sic) whereas I’m usually a 44 or 9.5/10 UK for regular shoes. Some wiggle room, but found the 44 was just a wee bit tight.

RustyMac

awptechnical –

Really? got a link please. I cant see them on the web site.

dickie
    Free Member

I have Shimano MW81 in 45 & the Northwave (road version) also in 45, both a great fit.

njee20
    Free Member

Really? got a link please. I cant see them on the web site. [/quote]

I suspect the last season bit may be significant…

welshfarmer

My current Northwave shoes are a 43 which is my normal size in all standard shoes. My Shimano and specialized spd shoes are both 44. However, my NW shoes are for summer use so if wearing with thicker socks I would definitely go for a 44.

I bought the NW shoes untried from bike-discount.de and it did say on their website that the NW sizes are much closer to your normal shoe size than most cycle shoes and NOT to order a size bigger than normal!

nbt

I take a 41 for most shoes, including my old Shimano MW81s and my Shimano summer disco slippers shoes. I’ve got size 41 Northwave Celsius and they seem very slightly more roomy than the Shimano winter boots. I ordered 2 pairs from CRC to try on and returned the ones that weren’t right

coatesy
    Free Member

Just to confuse the issue, a few years back I sized myself in a pair of NW shoes, then we ordered the boots in the same size, and I couldn’t even get my feet into them. From memory I seem to remember going up two more sizes in the boots over their shoes. Good luck sorting it out without trying them.

doof_doof
    Free Member

43 in shimano
    44 in sidi
    Bought NW celcius in 44 but they were boats, even with very thick socks. Returned for 43’s, which are perfect. Agree that they are snug to get into though.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

just incase anyone else digs this thread up

i ordered a 44 which on northwaves website is a UK10

my shimanos were a 45 and the 44 northwaves are bigger!

so to sum up im usually a size 9uk and a 44 even with thicker socks on are fine, definitely bigger/comfortable than a 45 shimano mw80

monkeychild
    Free Member

I bought some Celcius Arctic and they are my normal size shoe (I normally get Shimano wide fit).

thetallpaul
    Free Member

I wear size 47 in normal shoes.
    In Summer I wear shimano MD64 in size 48 with thin socks.
    I use Northwave Celsius Artic GXT in 47 with Sealskin socks and thin socks. Comfy and toasty all winter long. In fact I’m looking forwards to the colder weather. 😛

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Northwave Celsius boot sizing help’ is closed to new replies.