Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Northwave Celsius – anyone ever put theirs in the washing machine…?!
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

Following Saturday’s mudbath, my newish Northwave Celsius boots are a little, erm, unpleasant – maybe I shouldn’t have left them damp in the garage for 24 hours…

As such, they need some serious treatment, so was wondering before I wrecked them completely, if anyone had put them in the washing machine. Mrs Gtth is proposing putting them in a big towel or something (more to protect her our washing machine, I’d imagine, than the boots…) but I can’t see any instructions on the boots themselves.

STW bright ideas department, please step forwards…

mrmo
    Free Member

i put my pair of Artics, the previous version in the wash a few times, they are trashed now but i guess that might be because they are almost 10years old i think.

boxfish
    Free Member

When my Celsius are very muddy post-ride, once the bike is clean, I hose and brush them down in the garden. Hadn’t considered putting them in the machine though. Maybe a 30 degree spin with some tech wash would do it? I’d probably put them in a knotted pillow case first.

h4muf
    Free Member

Dead easy,i just give ’em a scrub then hose them down.

End up like brand new!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Hmm – stable door / horse bolted. 😳

I’ve religiously done as a few have advised – and washed / wiped them down after each ride. They cost more than enough to warrant that at the least…! Problem was that I left them in the cold garage until I went to ride again on Sunday late morning, and they’d not dried – just festered…

Pillow case is a good idea, I think that’ll contain them better than the towel. Right – off for a chat / beg with the keeper of the magic machine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Northwave Celsius – anyone ever put theirs in the washing machine…?!’ is closed to new replies.