Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Northwave celsius 2 gtx boots
  • damascus
    Free Member

Just bought a pair of these in size 45 in the sale.

All my shimano boots, lake shoes etc are size 45 and they are a perfect fit.

The Northwave boots feel a bit big.

As they are so expensive I’m a bit cautious about putting the cleats on and taking for a test ride.

On one hand I can get a thick pair of socks on for winter but I want to wear them for commuting to work 9 months of the year.

Do you find they are bigger than other brands?

Anyone else a 45 in shimano but gone smaller in nw boots?

Thanks

velocipede
    Free Member

I’m a 44 in everyone’s, inc NW shoes, but these boots def come up bigger – perfect with thick winter socks tho!

poah
    Free Member

northwave are bigger than shimano – I can’t use shimano as they are either too small or too big, the northwaves are better but are more suited to thicker socks (not that you can’t wear thin ones. I’m impressed with my Celsius boots.

slowster
    Free Member

I have Shimano XM7 shoes in size 44 and Northwave Arctic Celsius in 45. I think the Arctic is the version with a fleecy lining, which may take up a little bit of space in the boot compared with yours.

The XM7s are a perfect fit, but I think from what I’ve read that they are wider than other/previous Shimano shoes/boots which people with wide feet did find required them to size up.

I tried the Northwave Arctic Celsius in both 44 and 45, and the 44 was too narrow for my feet, and I had to go with the 45s. They are possibly a bit big, but what struck me more was that they feel a bit like wearing a solid inflexible Tupperware box on my feet. I guess this is because they are fabricated from fairly rigid plastic, possibly using injection moulding to create the sole and upper together. However, when I am clipped in and riding they feel fine and I don’t notice this, but their rigidity is such that I would certainly not want to have walk miles in them if I had a major mechanical; in the same way I would not want to walk in carbon soled race shoes for a long distance. I am only wearing them in winter with De Feet Woolie Boolie socks.

For further comparison I take 44 in Sidi for which the standard fit is a bit too narrow, and the Mega wide fit is OK if a little bit wider than I would like.

jamiep
    Free Member

I’ve the Road version and off-road version of these NWs. They are slightly bigger than any other brand I’ve owned, but I use 2 insoles, which works out fine for fit and extra winter warmth

damascus
    Free Member

I’ll try the 2 insoles and then in winter remove it and put thick socks on.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Northwave celsius 2 gtx boots’ is closed to new replies.