Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Northumbrian beaches are rubbish….
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

…I mean look at this, who'd bother?

And as for this malarkey on Beadnell Bay…

Looked fun & by the squeals of delight from him & his mate…It ovbiously was!!
    Keep away from Northumberland though, It's a bit crowded. (Don't even mention Raoul Moat, as he's 'history')

amodicumofgnar

Same old same old

CaptJon
    Free Member

Most of them are really polluted, stay away.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Beadnall is hellish isn't it?

It makes your dog fly

And it's so polluted it makes him multiply

rOcKeTdOg

i hope the local council clear that up before i get there next month or it's gonna ruin my holiday 🙁

Drac

Christ it was busy when you were there never seen it so packed.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Boring isn't it? I nearly dropped off watching the children fossil hunting at Scremerston and the tedious perfection of Coldingham over the border.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bamburgh beach is terrible, really it is. In fact, I can think of nowhere I'd rather avoid. I mean, who would want mile after mile of beautiful empty beach?

Avoid it. No, really, Northumberland is horrible.

amodicumofgnar

They nearly built a nuclear power station, another good reason to avoid the area.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

They nearly built a nuclear power station,

One of the first gigs I remember my folks taking me to was an open air anti-Nuclear Druridge Bay one in '79 or '80. Arthur Twostroke and WM7 played; there may have been cooler bands playing but I was only 9 or 10 and my memory is shot.

A few years it was a great place for teenage parties, ahh, the dunes 🙂

GrahamS

Was at Tynemouth a couple of weeks ago. Nice coffee and cake in Crusoes on the sand then spent the rest of the day lying in the sun at King Edward's Bay at the foot of the ruined priory.

Even went in for a swim, despite just having normal shorts and no towel.

Lovely.

Stay away! 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

They nearly built a nuclear power station, another good reason to avoid the area.

I 'nearly' crashed today.
    I 'nearly' had a bacon sandwich.
    I 'nearly' bought a new car.
    I 'nearly'….WTF are you on about?

GrahamS

That's nothing.

I nearly shagged Liz Hurley today.
    And Kylie.

adam5555

I live in northumberland and work in a nuclear power station. STAY AWAY PEOPLE.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

From experience the whole area is operated and Blackpool has more to offer, so if your reading this and thinking of going, don't bother, Blackpool has nicer beaches and is often less busy!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Operated = overted

Bloody stupid HTC desire keypad NEARLY got it right

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Give up ! Overated

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I live in northumberland and work in a nuclear power station. STAY AWAY PEOPLE

Not Blythe is it? I know It's in Northumberland, geographically speaking but It's like having 'Workington' & 'Cumbria' in the same sentence!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Blackpool has nicer beaches and is often less busy!

Did you say 'beaches'? or did you mean 'a beach'
    I went to Blackpool once but it was shut.

Drac

Blyth don't have a power station.

I guess he works at Torness.

midgebait
    Free Member

I live in northumberland and work in a nuclear power station. STAY AWAY PEOPLE.

You keep your dirty nuclear power away from us [Waves from coal-fired power station down the coast] 🙂

Drac

It's ok Midge it's in Scotland so no loss if it blows up.

carbon337
    Free Member

I'll be on Druridge for my evening run in approx 4 hours…..You can take your London and Manchester and bleep bleep bleep.

Oh was there yesterday and Saturday too. Helps when I live about 5 mins from the place 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Helps when I live about 5 mins from the place

SWINE!! 😉

Drac

Evening 'run' at Druidge ay! 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Ghastly.

Kids everywhere

Buildings falling down

Over crowded and dirty beaches.

Your legs will get fat and you'll stink of chips and nuclear waste for weeks afterwards.

Stay away.

iainc

was there on holiday last week – stayed in Beadnell – loved it. Our fav beach was the one at Newton ? with the pub and the microbrewery – pint of Indian Summer – mmmmmmm

CaptJon
    Free Member

iirc Beadnall has the highest proportion of holiday rentals/second homes outside of Cornwall.

Drac

The Ship at Newton by the Sea.

Once so quiet all year round now bloody packed, not a bad thing but was nice when you could ride to it and know you could get served.

Yeah Beadnell has a high holiday let but there's many occupied and anyway it's business for the area, it has nothing else really.

adam5555

Blyth don't have a power station.

I guess he works at Torness.

Yeah work at Torness but live in Berwick. 30 mins from work, an hour from Edinburgh, an hour from Newcastle and an hour from the tweed valley. Oh and the beaches of course. 😀

Drac

I have an Uncle works at Torness and lives in Berwick, he's a Fireman there IIRC.

carbon337
    Free Member

drac – I know exactly why your getting at! Safe to say I stay clear of that bit. was down that end with the wife last week and there were numerous shady characters hanging round the dunes.

Drac

Hehehe heard so many stories of it but safe to say not experienced it myself, can't recall when I was even there last. Probably when I was about 12.

adam5555

I have an Uncle works at Torness and lives in Berwick, he's a Fireman there IIRC.

Probably does same job as me. Shift lads cover the fire teams now, no out and out dedicated firemen anymore.

Drac

Ah right I see, Ian Wedderburn been there years. That said I'm never Mr current affairs so may not be there now.

white101

'I'm never Mr current affairs'

I thought you excelled with Raoul reporting the other week, don't put yourself down

Drac

That was local knowledge though and Sky News. 😳

cinnamon_girl

Yeah, stay on the beach guys and leave the Cheviots for me. 8)

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Northumbrian beaches are rubbish….’ is closed to new replies.