Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Northerners, which way around M60 to get to Wilmslow?
  • bearnecessities

Coming from East on M62.

Google says anticlockwise, past Trafford Pk etc, but wondering if any faster in morning rush hour to go clockwise, past Stockport way.

Or are both equally enjoyable?

Ta.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Morning rush hour = go clockwise, avoid the North West of the M60 at all costs

grantway
    Free Member

Well I am from London so I say TOM TOM 😉

mrchrispy

I’d probably stick with the Trafford park way, traffic though sticky Stockport can be a bitch in the morning.
    Saying that, the A34 exit is a bugger which ever way you hit it. Might be better to follow sign for the airport and go round the back

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

Its pretty much bang in the middle of either. I’d take the advice to come off onto the m56 the a34 turnoff is a pita.
    But to answer the question, I’d go Stockport way but come off for the m56.

samuri
    Free Member

It don’t matter. It’ll be awful both ways. I’d say past Stockport will be marginally faster.

What you doing in Wilmslow? Buying a Ferrari?

Gary_C

Avoid anticlockwise in the morning rush hour.

The traffic backs up from the M60/62 at J12 Eccles, all the way back to J18 at Simister island, the M60/62/66 junction.

bearnecessities

Nice, virtually unanimous agreement. Thanks for the tips.

..and no, not a Ferrari purchase. Off to meet the new boss, followed by lunch at Weatherspoons 8)

samuri
    Free Member

After you’ve had a few beers at that classy establishment, go and test drive a Ferrari.
    They have a bright yellow second hand 458 Spider that will be within the capabilities of your new fancy pants Wilmslow salary.

http://www.manchester.ferraridealers.com/en_gb/used/2012/ferrari/458-spider/2012-ferrari-458-spider-non-standard-wilmslow-for-sale-zff68nhc000191120

Sven

A627(M) is shortest and quickest IMHO, only going anticlockwise if there is no traffic and I want to cruise at constant speed

bearnecessities

I was behind of them about a year ago, when driving out of my sleepy little village.

The noise it made meant I had to turn back and get changed.

kfish
    Free Member

Know I’m late, and a little pedantic, “you are near Manchester, you are not in the north”…

senn
    Free Member

If you’re really that arsed, Wilmslow is in the North West region of the country.

slowoldman

Wilmslow and he’s buying you lunch in Wetherspoons? That doesn’t bode well for your future relationship.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Northerners, which way around M60 to get to Wilmslow?’ is closed to new replies.