Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Northerners – Walkies tomorrow…
  • bearnecessities

Where? CBA to start googling again at this time, having only just got in.

Must be scenic (but then where up here isn’t? 😉 ) have a pub nearby, within 2 hour drive of Leeds, between 4 to say…9 miles.

Would like to get my rippling physique out for a bit of Vit D, so less humans I can offend, the better.

Thank you 😀

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Bolton Abbey estate? Take BBQ as well and make a day of it?

bearnecessities

A good call, but done BA a fair bit. Thanks though, it’s worth a consider if nothing else pops up (can stick bike in boot too 😀 )

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ianfitz
    Free Member

Malham. Up through the woods past the fairys and waterfall, in and out of gordale scar, over the top to where the river sinks above the cove. Back via the limestone pavement then the cove itself. About 6/7 miles. Easy walking. Stunning scenery. Good pub in the village.

bearnecessities

Ianfitz, that sounds perfect thanks. Is it as easy to follow as that; or does the route have a name (that I can google/print).

EDIT: This one? http://www.malhamdale.com/walking.htm

djglover
    Free Member

Malham Cove / Goredales Scar?
    Ingleborough from, Ingleton
    Upper wharfdale valley and either Buckden Pike or Great Whernside. Pint in pub at Kettlewell
    Simons seat from Appletreewick, Pint in pub in Appletreewick
    Ilkley Moor, get on the lash in Ilkley train back to Leeds 😉

ianfitz
    Free Member

There’s a path heading south out the village. Follows a stream. Signs to Janet’s Foss (the water fall) its a well made path. Then pass the falls on the left cross and follow the road for 1/4 mile. Gore dale is on the left. Then retrace steps back up the road and turn right uphill on grassy paths to go over to ‘water sinks’ then back south over the ‘lings’ and back via the cove.

I can email you a screen shot of the route as me and the kids walked it a few months back. My emails in my profile if you want to drop me a line ill send it over.

bearnecessities

Cheer Ian, mail sent (thanks DJG too)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Northerners – Walkies tomorrow…’ is closed to new replies.