Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • North Yorkshire post Christmas pre NYE B&B / cosy country pub ideas
  • northernerindevon

Our lass & I have family scattered around the country and try to see them all over the festive period – clearly this gets a bit much as she has suggested having a night or two ‘time out’ in a pub / B&B in North Yorkshire – ideally Robin Hoods Bay but open to suggestion. After trawling TripAdvisor for a few hours I am non the wiser and losing the will the live. We are looking for somewhere between 26th and 28th December, nearer the coast ideally and I would prefer a cosy country real ale-y pub with rooms.

Anyone any suggestions or advice or stayed anywhere they loved / hated? Unfortunately there’ll be no riding of bikes 🙁 I know we have left it a bit late but c’est la vie!

Thanks in advance

tomlevell

Lion Inn Blakey Ridge.

Not the coast but properly bleak on top of the moors with good food and ale. If your lucky you’ll get snowed in.

Hobster
    Free Member

Birch Hall Inn in Beckhole.

Don’t have rooms but have a cottage or there are several B&Bs near.

HansRey

+1 for birch hall inn. In fact, I’ll be in that pub every day.

plenty of good b+b’s in goathland.

Hobster
    Free Member

Hayburn Wyke Inn has rooms and is right on the coast.

Can’t vouch for it as have only cycled past it but the location is great.

porlus
    Free Member

Was going to the say the Lion at Blakey ridge. Pretty much the only building in the area. Good number of rooms that look well turned out. Good quality pub grub (was a couple of years back anyhow) and nice atmosphere. Good location for seeing other spots. Easy drive to York and the coast.
    Edge of the countryside, have you looked into Pickering. Or slap bang on the coast theres Sandsend, plus its next to the moors.

skulldigger
    Free Member

Lion inn for sure. also take a look at the blacksmiths arms at cloughton, about 7 miles north of Scarborough and 10 miles south of Bay. Good country pub with some converted barn accommodation at the back. Some nice boozers in the area too including the hayburn wyke and bryherstones. The food is excellent, even the queen stopped to have dinner there a couple of years ago! She is the land owner though 🙂

Pogo
    Free Member

Cliffemount Hotel or down in bay The Royal Hotel in Runswick Bay.

northernerindevon

cheers, currently away with work but got our lass looking into the Lion… Ta

scuttler

Some North Yorkshire must-dine/stays in these threads. I’ve only been to the Blue Lion (excellent) and Feversham Arms (both excellent – spa at Feversham) so far but here goes:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recommend-me-a-nice-place-to-stay-in-the-yorkshire-dales

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recommend-me-somewhere-nice-to-stay-in-north-yorkshire

Of course the Dales isn’t the Moors and North Yorkshire’s huuuuge.
    Punchbowl or Charles Bathurst next for me. Enjoy your trip!

edlong
    Free Member

This place was good when we stayed a few years ago – Ravenscar, close to Robin Hoods Bay:

http://www.smugglersrock.co.uk/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘North Yorkshire post Christmas pre NYE B&B / cosy country pub ideas’ is closed to new replies.