Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • North Yorkshire Police insert swear word
  • Stainypants

Am I’m been unfair. Ran the three peaks fell race today amazing event and absolutely brutal. On my way home in between Stainforth and Settle they’ve got the speed van out. They must have been targeting people leaving the fell race. Fantastic event bring thousands of pounds in to the area and they decide it’s a nice way to generate a bit of cash from people unfamiliar with the local roads. Don’t tell me that’s it’s about road safety as they could have put one of those thing that warns you your speeding. I wasn’t speeding but shame on them for taking advantage of a fantastic event, Tools.

Mackem

Generating a bit of cash for the area doesn’t justify putting the residents of the area at risk by driving like a tool.

scotroutes

What has a fund-raising event got to do with speeding fines? If everyone was as observant as you then I can’t imagine they caught anyone speeding.

johndoh
    Free Member

Go too fast , risk getting a fine / points. What is the problem with that?

johndoh
    Free Member

TBF they probably had no idea about your race – just targeting a black spot and NY Police have just doubled speed cameras so much more chance of being caught so watch out.

maccruiskeen

in between Stainforth and Settle

So are you saying the only cars that 80 mile route a bank holiday weekend are yours and your fellow competitors?

timc
    Free Member

They kill football fans & cover it up, what you expect

andyb39
    Free Member

Pretty poor rant. That particular road is notorious in the area for ‘accidents’. Not sure why being unfamiliar with the roads makes it ok to speed though, should be driving slower. Speed limit signs tend to be pretty obvious.

Though the speed vans tend to be out targeting the motorbikers acting like prats, car drivers acting the same don’t get a free pass.

johndoh
    Free Member

I expect you to get a map before spouting bollocks

ulysse
    Free Member

They also kick the shite out of striking miners and their families

big_n_daft
    Free Member

They will be targeting all the bikers coming out of hibernation

butcher

Good lord. They’ll be called out for catching burglars next.

devash
    Free Member

No, they were targeting speeding idiots who cause numerous accidents on one of the most dangerous stretches of roads in the county.

Joe

A little mean spirited.

johndoh
    Free Member

What is? Ahh – a (potential) charity event attendee – let’s let them break the speed limit.

siwhite
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

Haven’t the police got anything better to do with their time, like catching all those cyclists jumping red lights and riding on the pavement, endangering other road users.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

people unfamiliar with the local roads

Then these people will be driving within the limits, so what is your problem?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

So you ran the three peaks……..well done, why didnt you just say so !

Oh no you tell us by wrapping it up in a pisspoor rant about coppers trying to earn a few extra coppers and accusing our hard done by constabs of taking advantage of the more fleet footed amongst us who apparaently cannot be responsible with their unpredictable right foots !!!

SHAME ON YOU !!!!!!!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

they’re normally after bank hol motor bikers, but any dick will do i expect. you didn;t get caught out, well done.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

They kill football fans & cover it up, what you expect

I thought that was South Yorkshire Police?

siwhite
    Free Member

I thought that was South Yorkshire Police?

When you are slinging mud from almost 30 years ago, and trying to implicate a civilian safety camera operator in such a tragedy, small details don’t seem to matter for buffoons like the OP.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Well done on running the 3p. So did I, my first time and satisfied to be under 4 hours.

As for the speeding, I’m delighted to see the police out. Anyone speeding on that bit of road deserves everything they get. Probably got more to do the bank holiday motorbikes ( of which there were plenty) than knackered runners though.

martinhutch

That’s a dangerous road. Much of the bit before Settle is a widely-flouted 40.

And speaking as someone who <cough> got done for 66 in a 60 on that stretch, I have no complaints about the van being there. I certainly learned my lesson.

I doubt it was anything to do with 3P. They rake it in wherever they put the van on a BH weekend.

unfamiliar with the local roads

I believe the way they show the speed limits is pretty standardised throughout the UK…anyhow, as I’ve demonstrated, it’s often the locals they sweep up in the net!

Drac

They must have been targeting people leaving the fell race

No, no they weren’t.

theotherjonv

Yes OP, absolute bastards.

While we’re at it, we should ban all speed cameras around any shopping areas, where people may be visiting from out of town and unfamiliar with the road but bringing money into the local economy. And around football and rugby stadiums too. And cinemas.

🙄

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well done for doing the 3Peaks. That must have been brutal. I’d like to hear more about that than some whine about Plod doing heir job.

Are your knees still in thier sockets ??

simondbarnes

Worst rant ever

jonnyboi

OP is right, trying to catch very tired drivers who are speeding on unfamiliar roads that are known to be hazardous is shocking. Especially when there are so many immigrants still trying to undo brexit

Should also point out that whilst returning from the dirty reiver where I took an hour off my previous best time and finished in the top 15% of finishers (I probably could have gone quicker but stopped to help someone) I might have driven past a fixed speed camera. Bastards

MartynS

As far as I remember, the police don’t get the money from speeding fines…

breadcrumb

I always find it amusing that people think it’s unfair the police uphold the law.

I don’t always stick to the limit*, I know the risk of being caught is there but I wouldn’t and haven’t winged about it if/when I’ve been caught.

*when safe to do so etc.

jambalaya
    Free Member

North Wales Police get a mention. Due to Snowdon Marathon they closed the car park then ticketed everyone parking on the verge. We where hiking up Snowden that day and got caught out along with many others. Brilliant thanks, not been back.

crankboy
    Free Member

My car came ready fitted with that device that tells you if you are speeding , i thought all cars had to have them on the dashboard straight in front of the driver.

gobuchul
    Free Member

That has to be one of the worst posts ever.

The Police don’t receive the revenue from speeding fines.
    If they believe that for some reason that fell runners are likely to speed, why shouldn’t they target them? (As other had said they don’t and are probably looking for bikers).

tjagain

There is a very simple solution. If you don’t want points on your license don’t break the speed limit. If you can’t do the time don’t do the crime.

Tj – 6pts on DVLA bingo

Jamba – the police doing their job dealing with selfish car drivers and you moan.

*shakes head sadly*

tjagain

Personally I would be quite happy with far greater law enforcement on the roads. I find it astonishing that cyclists complain about enforcement of road law that makes life safer for cyclists

Scapegoat

ulysse – Member
    They also kick the shite out of striking miners and their families

The mine in Settle closed in 1873. I think they may have moved on a bit since then, even North Yorkshire Police.

ulysse
    Free Member

When you are slinging mud from almost 30 years ago, and trying to implicate a civilian safety camera operator in such a tragedy, small details don’t seem to matter for buffoons like the OP.

D’ya want some more recent mud Si?
    How about your mates actions at Barton Moss protection camp? Beating up pensioners, making up stories of flares fired at helicopters, Teagate, oh… Teagate, let’s remember that bloke there eh, Kehoe. Drugs going missing from evidence when he was in charge of the drugs squad.
    How about Gaz Knox having one of your colleagues on his drugs dealing payroll, with a bought for with drugs proceeds BMW on the drive, and the bloke used to go round and mow Knoxies lawn every week.
    Institutionally, your organisation aint changed much

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And what’s that got to do with speed cameras?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘North Yorkshire Police insert swear word’ is closed to new replies.