• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by wors.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • North yorkshire moors
  • allmtndave
    Free Member

Hello,

Anyone know any good rides north of kirbymoorside or helmsley

Cheers Dave

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Check some of these out

Depends on what you’re looking for off course.

metcalt

There’s some good routes on this site – http://www.mtb-routes.co.uk/northyorkmoors/ although I’m not sure when it was last updated, the maps don’t load for me but my computer is playing silly buggers, yours might be ok

Small warning, it might be quite muddy and boggy in places up there with the shoddy weather we’ve had recently.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

might will 😆

allmtndave
    Free Member

Have either of you tried any of the maps on pedal north at all.

mildbore

I did the pedalnorth.com C2C route a couple of years ago and loved the NYM days, longish doable climbs and brilliant techy rocky singletrack descents

craig24
    Free Member

I’ve used Pedal North for the Lancashire routes, all been fine.

metcalt

I’ve not tried any of the Pedal North site, didn’t know it existed. I will be though, looks like there’s some good routes on there.

I’ve done the Levisham loop from the MTB routes site, it does get very boggy up near Fylingdales which isn’t pleasant after the slog up the hill from Goathland. I have a vivid memory of repeatedly sinking up to my rotors up there once, I spat my dummy out and rode down the road to the pub instead 🙂

I received this as a secret santa present a few years ago http://www.sustrans.org.uk/shop/route-maps-guides/mountain-bike-trails-north-yorkshire it’s a great little book for ideas. The maps can be a little small for the bigger loops so I back them up with or mark them out on an OS map.

wors

Are there any decent routes from Whitby over to Dalby Forest?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘North yorkshire moors’ is closed to new replies.