Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • north west riding in the week
  • jonjones262
    Free Member

Hi,

I stay just outside chorley for the night on Mondays. Anyone know if Healey Nab is worth a trip to?

I stay near charnock richard, am I far away?

Bearing in mind I need to be up at 5am to get to work in Manchester, is it worth it?

Thanks

mcnultycop

You are close to Rivington, or a bit of a drive to Lee Quarry or Gisburn. Never ridden Healey Nab.

binners

You’re welcome to join us for our weekly Monday Night Pub Ride We’re riding from Ramsbottom tomorrow.

sp654233
    Free Member

Hi,
    Healey Nab is OK, I tag it into a longer ride usually though. Healey Nab/Rivington/Tockholes is my usual loop from home. You would probably have to drive over from Charnock Richard though as it is the other side of Chorley to the hills.

badllama
    Free Member

Healey Nab is garbage go up Rivi instead. Much better riding.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not worth it IMHO as a solo ride as it is a short loop

The Black downhill bit might be ok if you like downhill and then pushing back up the red is a 1. 6 km loop of which 1 km + is the ride back up

Ok but I would not travel for it personally. I do ride it on the way home from rivvy but done consider it to be essential to do it.

Would rather ride Rivvy if i am being honest and that is the best riding near Charnock

I ride tuesday so no help to you.
    There

jonnym92

I don’t mind the Nab. Quite fun at speed and you can session the black or do a few loops of the red. Could be better than staying in on a nice evening?

You’re close to Rivington/White Coppice/Tockholes though which all have great riding.

Lee Quarry and Gisburn are great if you could drive over, but would end up being late back which wouldn’t help the 5am get up!

binners

I wouldn’t bother with Healy Nab either. Head up to Rivi and do the San Marino. We’re out every monday, within shouting distance of where you are, Rivi is a regular venue. Heres the gopro footage from a typical summer evening jaunt

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEqItT8-7s[/video]

jonjones262
    Free Member

Binners, might take you up on that offer.

I’ll just check how far I am from the meeting point.

If I do come, i can only apologise for the bike colour scheme. ..

jonjones262
    Free Member

Would I need lights?

scaled
    Free Member

Lights are a good idea, 8:15 start so its closing in by the time we finish.

binners

Last descent is down through the woods, so lights will be needed, I reckon. Come on over though. I’ve a spa are set of lights if you need them. You’re not far at all. If you wanted to find the best routes round this area, there are a lot worse places to start*. Different venues every week. Just search on ‘Monday night pub ride’ and you’ll see all our previous excursions.

And I wouldn’t worry about bike colour schemes. It’s fair to say you won’t be encountering the cutting edge, down wit da kidz,biking. My bikes recent colour scheme is based on the nations favourite purveyor of pies and pasties 🙂

jonjones262
    Free Member

Sounds good! I’ll see you tmw 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘north west riding in the week’ is closed to new replies.