• This topic has 94 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • North west photo day, anyone?
  • richpips
    Free Member

Put my name down please 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

If Richpips is coming I can't, he's far nicher than me! 😉

And MrsAyatollah is just riding and I'm happy to do both!

richpips
    Free Member

Nicher than the Ayatollahofniche not possible. 🙂

It'll be good to see you again.

sheldona
    Free Member

Nicher than the Ayatollahofniche not possible.
    It'll be good to see you again.

But I'm not going now so you'll have to wait 😉

Only joking, I'll be there! Is it SS'able up there or will I have to bring some gearage?

Bunnyhop

nbt rides around this area alot on the SS. However it is hilly and rocky, so your choice. Ask MartynS, he'll give you some good advice.

richpips
    Free Member

You'll be fine on the SS.

sheldona
    Free Member

MartynS rides a girls bike! Prob bring SS if I get a chance to ride between now and then!

cp

all sounds good, 28th gone in the diary 🙂

Bunnyhop

Girls bike , in a girls colour 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

lol yeah and he knows it!

nbt

You never know, he might actually build up his SS one day. I keep threatening to make him ride mine but he's having none of it

GavinB

Actually, I'd like to swing both ways please! Mrs B is on duty, so I can grab a full day pass (and the DSLR).

Sounding good.

If someone can show me how to take shots of shots of riders, where the background is all blurred and the rider is in sharp focus, then I'll be a happy chappy!

richpips
    Free Member

If someone can show me how to take shots of shots of riders, where the background is all blurred and the rider is in sharp focus, then I'll be a happy chappy!

Sure no problem, there's a few coming who can do that.

samuri
    Free Member

blimey, far too many models. I'll try and bring my camera.

nbt

Jon, is there no chance yo might see James @ the velodrome? you could get him to take your gear home with him, then spin down camera free before the full day?

marsdenman
    Free Member

NBT – have upgraded your laptop for you – no need to thank me

So now it looks almost identical but costs three times as much?

Actually, look closely – it's a MAC Sketch Pro – ergo cost 4 times as much 😉

On another note – If anyone has a big drive and fancies a night up north before hand let me know….

redhairjon
    Free Member

Hey guys,
    Should be up for this too, where and when?

Cheers
    Jon

nbt

So, a quick recap of the details as prompted by Jon, since we're now just a week aways

DATE
    Sunday 28th feb

TIME
    get to the car park for 9am then we can be away shortly afterwards.

We will meet at the Roman Lakes complex, where we started the STW Marple ride last year. There's plenty of parking, loos, and they do hot food. Sorted. If you are using SatNav, you should aim for this point which is Faywood Drive, postcode is SK6 7DF. The Roman Lakes complex is about half a mile further on down hill

ROUTE
    Here's the proposed route with possible photostops marked on – I very much doubt we'd use all of them, Sheldon and Chris have both been on Seb's course like me and I reckon 4 is about right – we can see on the day what the weather is like

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/gb/marple/519126591634529621

sheldona
    Free Member

Looking forward to this although not looking forward to the 6am start as I'm riding Afan on Sat 😉

nbt

Odd choice to ride Afan the day before, isn't it more or less the exact opposite direction?! Is it not an option to ride up this way? Marsdenman has offered hostility, sorry hospitality, their place is lovely and the food is wonderful 🙂 There's a biker-run B&B actually on the route we'll be riding (with a superb 1 mile downhill to the start point) but I'm not sure if they're full for the weekend, I can put you in touch if it's an option for you.

samuri
    Free Member

Jon, is there no chance yo might see James @ the velodrome? you could get him to take your gear home with him, then spin down camera free before the full day?

I was there tonight but James, hearing I was on my way obviously stayed away less I show him up. Anyway, as per my mail I'll need my camera stuff to take pictures of cyclists there on Saturday. Rich, will you be there for the pre-revolution trials?

sheldona
    Free Member

Not an option I'm afraid bbt as Mandi works on Saturdays and we've 2 dogs!
    Won't be an issue driving up on Sunday. Thanks for the offer though.

richpips
    Free Member

Jon, I'm aiming to get to revoloution earlier rather than later. What time are the trials?

Pook

sadly can't come :o( would've enjoyed this too

:o(

crazy-legs

I was there tonight but James, hearing I was on my way obviously stayed away less I show him up. Anyway, as per my mail I'll need my camera stuff to take pictures of cyclists there on Saturday. Rich, will you be there for the pre-revolution trials?

Jon, you there tomorrow?
    I'll be riding then.

samuri
    Free Member

Nope 😉 Sundays only now for the foreseable future, maybe saturdays if I can persuade my lad to stay on a couple of hours after his session.

Bunnyhop

Bumpety bump.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I can't work out if everyone will come up with an excuse leaving pore Julian to take pics of his own bike…

Bunnyhop

Lol Simon.

richpips
    Free Member

…..in the forecast snow.

sheldona
    Free Member

Right just got in from a week away on business, I take it the plan is still on? Whats the weather like up there? Ground?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Whats the weather like up there? Ground?

see what I mean ?

Bunnyhop

Very wet/muddy here Ayatollahoniche, with snow on high ground. You Southerners are in trouble. 😉

Still on.

sheldona
    Free Member

I've spent the last two weeks between Poland and Moscow, cold and snow is not an issue!! Also Cotswold dust is bad this year so mud no problem either!! I may not bring the SS though as I have no mud tyres for that silly sized wheel beasty!

crazy-legs

Forecast for Sunday is very wet and very windy! 🙁

nbt

Aye, forecast is indeed not the best. The route is pretty good though, there's only a couple of spots where the ground is soft – the majority is well surfaced. If the weather is awful, we might even just ride and not stop too much for photos unless anyone has pro-level waterproof camera gear!

I'll be there on Sunday morning, if no-one else turns up I'll ride on my own – maybe go and demand a bacon butty from Crazy Legs 🙂

hp_source

Awh, a little bit of the white stuff is character building! and the mention of a bacon butty has just perked me up.

I'll be there with you NBT! Looking forward to it.

Oh and did I mention the cake….

nbt

Oooh that reminds me, as it's almost a month since I've ridden off road, I shall be using GEARS and BOUNCE on this ride.

redhairjon
    Free Member

Hi guys, going to bail on the ride. Have fun!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘North west photo day, anyone?’ is closed to new replies.