• This topic has 26 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by PH1.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • North Wales snowmageddon
  • flyingmonkeycorps

How bad is it? We’re supposed to be at Llandegla Sunday

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Yes. It is Snowing & sticking…..be afraid

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Weather updates are usually found on the website. If you can get up the approach road then the rest is a doddle 😀

chrisdw
    Free Member

Any idea if the roads are okay now? I’m driving up this evening.

Speshpaul

A scattering in Shrewsbury. But im not sure we have seen the last of it. Supposed to be going to penmachno on Monday

robbo
    Free Member

Its raining in Blaenau Ffestiniog. No snow.

kimbers

A cm or 2 in Wallasey

One planet fb page saying its been heavyish since this afternoon

But forecast to warm up and rain later

Rising tomorrow hopefully as said if I can get there I’ll ride, it’s fun in the snow !

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m 3 miles from the ‘ldg’.
    Sticking proper and at about 20-30mm at the moment.Still falling.
    Hanging out the back window watching cars summarily fail to get up the hill behind the house……and then slide back down bouncing off the kerbs 😀
    It’ll be the rain and freezing temperatures that will do for the opening of the car park though.

rhid

Nothing but rain in caernarfon. Supposed to get snowier tonight though.

project
    Free Member

With LLandegla if you can and do get up the hills, the coming down in a vehicle is more intresting, single track narrow road with passing places full of snow or parked vehicles.

kimbers

Well llandgla was good fun, hard work, had a few offs and was quite cold by the end

Was snowing again quite heavily when I left

Top work by the one planet guys getting g the car park open

jekkyl

Cannock would be a better bet I reckon, the rain round here has melted all the snow so you will get wet from below.

redddraggon
    Free Member

Getting to Llandegla was fine today. More than I could say about the tyres I had on my bike.

kimbers

Yeah ardents on the back were a nightmare, chunky monkey up front was better

transporter13
    Free Member

Would it be worth a 2hr drive tomorrow?

iolo
    Free Member

transporter13 – Member
    Would it be worth a 2hr drive tomorrow?

Only you can say. Do you like snow? Are you a gambling man? Will the trails be open? Who knows

chrisdw
    Free Member

Its snowing quite hard near betws. Llandegla normally gets much more snow than here.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Not snowed here (3 miles away) all evening.

kimbers

Well, no more snow overnight, which is good news. The current temperature is showing at -6 though, which means what snow and slush was left last night has now frozen solid! The access road is very icy indeed, and even the main road is currently pretty slippy in patches.
    We are spreading gravel as we speak on the car park, which should make it passable with care. There is still plenty of snow and ice in the car park and parking bays, and around the visitor centre, so please make sure you take extra care when driving, riding or walking in and around the area.
    Out in the forest, conditions will be no better for sure. Yesterdays wet snow will now of frozen hard making conditions tough on a bike. Please make sure you have the appropriate kit and experience levels if you do decide to ride, conditions are fairly extreme, and any need for assistance will be a long time coming.
    We will be hoping to get the lower car park open for approximately 9.30am.

Speshpaul

Any snow Penmachno way?

saxabar
    Free Member

@Speshpaul, a couple of inches but trails mostly clear due to infamous rivulets. Gorgeous day in sunshine, despite pea soup fog at start.

oldejeans
    Free Member

did you venture out to loop 2 as well, saxabar? any worse than loop 1?

saxabar
    Free Member

I’m ashamed to say that it was just loop 1, with the division that makes it shorter 😳

In my defence, I’m getting over a stinking cold and wanted a short test run to make sure it didn’t return with a vengeance! The car park was full though so I’m sure loop 2 will be running fine.

Speshpaul

Any snow at Nant?

PH1

Kimbers, What bike is that in the pic?

kimbers

kona unit, with gears and a 120mm manitou fork

PH1

I thought I might be, it looks good.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘North Wales snowmageddon’ is closed to new replies.