Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • North wales route options
  • kirky72
    Free Member

Doing Cadir idris and snowdon next week, having not done Cadir before that’s the focus if we only get one day of good Esther out of the two.

Staying near llanberis with a view to doing snowdon again on the second day. If the weathers grim for snowdon summit can anybody recommend any other route, other than that our back up is Cyb.

Is the drum near Conway worth doing? Seems to be an up, down the other side, back up and back down to the start type of ride but I’ve heard the descent is good, long and fast.

Marin
    Free Member

Yep Drum better than Snowdon and quieter.
    Penmachno.

RustySpanner

It’s brilliant.
    If you removed the gates and guaranteed sunshine it’d be perfect.
    Gorse and bluebells out now too.

If it’s chucking it down in Llanberis it’s usually clearer near the coast, so it’s a great option.
    You can extend it with an out and back to Llyn Anafon, which is a beautiful climb and as fast as you like on the way down.
    Don’t forget the gate at the end.
    😐

Alternatively, go and have a nosey round in the slate quarry in Dinorwic, although there’s, er, a teensy bit of a climbing involved.
    🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pont Scethin (look on Flattyres for the route).

stevedoc
    Free Member

Agreed … did Drum and the loop called romans and druids around Rowan and llanfairfecan good 25 miles and a couple of great downhill runs

kirky72
    Free Member

Hi Steve, was that the other weekend with Robert, I noticed your route had a lot of climbing, is it all rideable rather than hike a bike?

any chance you could forward a route file if you have one.

I all also check pont scethin out.

Cheers

stevedoc
    Free Member

Yeah that’s the bunny we added a run up Drum into the mix you know just for good measure 🙂

We did the route anticlockwise looking at this http://my.viewranger.com/route/details/NzM4NDk=

With a couple of horrid climbs from the off all ride able but one section is a bit of push from Rowan back up.

If I was to do it again I would do it clockwise with an arse of a climb to start but there is a section leading down to Rowan (which was the push ) that id like a run down like a mini downhill section :)..

kirky72
    Free Member

Cheers Steve.

carlos
    Free Member

Bit of another take on a ride round Including a cheeky bit and the full Drum run. It’s a great loop and has potential to add a few extra cheeky loops

https://www.strava.com/activities/933179319/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-US&v=1491663661

mrchrist

+1 for drum plus cheeky.

I love that route. The single track down to aber falls is great.

mrchrist

+1 for drum plus cheeky.

I love that route. The single track down to aber falls is great.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘North wales route options’ is closed to new replies.