Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • North Wales non trail centre
  • tony07
    Free Member

I’ve to head up to Liverpool from Birmingham tomorrow so I’m planning on going via north Wales. Any ideas where I’ll find some nice technical trails that shouldn’t be too hard to find? After something where i can get a few runs in rather than a big loop. Was in llandegla a couple of weeks ago, as good as it was it left me wanting a challenge.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Marin (now Gwydir Mawr/Bach [Big/Small]) Just do the small one, and repeat the bits that you like best.

Penmachno. Just do loop 1. Takes a bit over an hour. Take a trail map printout and use it to repeat your favourite bits.

Both have some brilliant sections.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Eastridge is a good bet. not too hard a climb then you can ride the dh trails back down and easy to get up to from birmingham, then to liverpool afterwards

tony07
    Free Member

East ridge sounds like a good shout. Wee bit on Trailforks, presumably a bit more hidden in the woods. Thanks

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

yeah, at the car park you can just ride ip the fireroads or follow the red route climb, then at the top theres a good mount of choice of routes. follow your nose
    . ask ayone else whos there as well.

tony07
    Free Member

Eastridge was a great shout. Thanks for the advice.

Hopton, long mynd and the Wrekin are now on the list aswell

kayak23

Add Bringewood and Bucknell to that list, though apparently Bucknell has had the forestry folks in of late.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘North Wales non trail centre’ is closed to new replies.