Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • North Wales bike trip camp sites
  • peter1979
    Free Member

Planning a last minute trip with a friend to N.Wales next week. Will be camping and hoping to ride Snowdon, Penmachno and Coed Y Brenin. Am looking for recommendations of sites near to each if anyone has any please. Also, possibly Antur Stiniog too, but undecided on this one.

I realise the biking ban is in place for Snowdon, so we’ll probably do an early morning ride and maybe drive off to the next destination afterwards.

Cheers

Pete

unklehomered
    Free Member

If you’re camping round there put the bikes IN the cars overnight. Or in the tents with you. Camping in Betws twice woken up and people with bikes on cars have empty rooftops.

If you can’t fit them in cover them in empty drinks cans on string.

peter1979
    Free Member

I’ll have a van with me, and will probably end up either sleeping in the van with the bike, with a destroyed tent outside or in a partially erected tent with the bike in the van.

unklehomered
    Free Member

should be fine then. No real campsite recommendations I’m afraid, enjoy Snowdon!

skaifan
    Free Member

Llyn Gwynant is about 15 minutes from llanberis and half an hour from coed y brenin. http://www.gwynant.com

torihada
    Free Member

peter1979 – Member
    I’ll have a van with me, and will probably end up either sleeping in the van with the bike, with a destroyed tent outside or in a partially erected tent with the bike in the van.

Make sure your van locks are good. Earlier this year 3 of our group lost 3 bikes at BPW, nicked in broad daylight out of their locked ford transit.

I’m camping next week in South Wales & am taking a larger tent: the bikes will be in the tent with us & locked.

sofatester
    Free Member

Llyn Gwynant

project
    Free Member

Get a few yale personal alarms connect to bike with fishing line, cant be seen easily attach alarm to tent pole etc, anyone pulling bikes will pull out pin and set alarm off.
    http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/yale-personal-attack-alarm-123321

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘North Wales bike trip camp sites’ is closed to new replies.