• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • North Pennines MTB Marathon 2015
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I know a few of you came along to the NP MTB Marathon last year, despite the worst weather weekend of the summer I think most people (119 out of 120) enjoyed it.
    Just made the following anouncement on the Farcebook page:

Hello all. The Tyne Valley MTB Club held its AGM last night.
    The decision was made that the MTB Marathon will NOT be happening this year after all. Despite huge amounts of help from the team last year, its simply too much to take on to make it the event it deserves to be.

But don’t despair! There is a plan for an organised 1 and 2-day ride along the length of the Sandstone Way around the summer solstice, with the idea of alternating both events in a biannual way.

So all being well, we’ll be back in 2016. If the planning starts now, it’ll be bigger and better (and with less bogs). We’ll keep this facebook page live with updates of all events.

failedengineer

Shame. I was looking forward to pushing across that bog again and climbing up Cross Fell twice ….. No, seriously, it was an excellent day out and I really was looking forward to it this year.

gazc
    Free Member

sorry to hear that paul was looking forward to it again this year. especially miss the feeding station!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘North Pennines MTB Marathon 2015’ is closed to new replies.