Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • North Pennines MTB Marathon
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Some of you may recall that I mentioned a while back that I’m organising my first event this year. Well, its happening, July 19th.

Event HQ booked, landowners all informed, British Cycling approved and online entries are now open.

Final details of the routes are tbc, but basically its crossing the Pennine Ridge between Garrigill and the Eden Valley several times.

We’ve yet to get any sponsors onboard. I’m hoping to drum up a few entrants from a soft-launch so we can approach potential sponsors and say we’ve got X many entrants already, without any promise of free stuff. Of course, if there’s anyone in the trade who’s reading this and would like to get involved, feel free to get in touch with me!

Once we’ve got a bit more support, there’ll be press releases and everything.

http://tynevalleymtb.org/
    facebook

big_n_daft
    Free Member

let the local horse riders/ stables know about the date and route, it stops a lot of unnecessary ill will as these events can so easily do

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thats a good point. I’m in touch with Cumbria CC countryside ranger and outdoor events people, so they should be able to help out there..

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Entered, always wanted to ride that area and it seemed like the ideal opportunity. Also like the idea of ‘crowd funding new events’

I will spread the word ‘down South’

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Cheers pawsey

The more the merrier.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘North Pennines MTB Marathon’ is closed to new replies.