Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • North Norfolk singletrack secrets around Sheringham/Weybourne
  • el_boufador

hi all,
    I’m off down that way over the bank hols / half term and staying near Weybourne. I’ve been there previously so I know there is some very very decent singletrack (and even a mini-DH) to be had 🙂

Just wondering if anyone here is local and has any tips for secret singletrack in the area?
    The bits I have a reasonable grasp of are the Kelling Heath / Weybourne Heath areas, would be interested in anything around there or also any other bits that you may be able to recommend to explore to!

letmetalktomark

Have a word with Scud (Paul of this parish) as that’s his (extended) back yard.

scud
    Free Member

Sorry just seen this.

Unfortunately, the woods around Sheringham Park have been decimated by forestry to the point where most routes have gone, it was good there in that there was elevation and ups and downs, you can still ride the coastal path up the cliff and Sheringham.

There is riding to be had at Shouldham Warren and Santon Downham woods if you follow Strava routes from there, used a lot by Kings Lynn MTB for their race series.

Some fun to be had riding around the Wells/Holkham area in the trees behind the beach and on the coastal path which allows bikes on that stretch.

The bank holiday weekend has Pedal Norfolk festival at Holkham Hall where there is MTB racing so riding to see that could be combined with the above?

petec
    Free Member

Pedal Norfolk is a lovely event. I’m gutted I’m not there this year.

Highly recommended if you’re in the area.

windyg
    Free Member

Shame about the woods at Petty Corner, had some good fun up there.
    As above the coastal path is a nice ride if it’s not too busy.

I’m looking forward to the MTB race at Holkham, somewhere new to try out.

el_boufador

damn 🙁
    sorry to hear about sheringham park. They can’t have frigged it all up surely?

will take the bike and go exploring where you suggest – thanks for the tips.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘North Norfolk singletrack secrets around Sheringham/Weybourne’ is closed to new replies.