Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • North Korean Fighting Talk
  • rossi46
    Free Member

In response to tough new sanctions, North Korea has Threatened a pre-emptive Nuclear Strike against the US.
    Are they mad?
    Surely this is just a show of verbal force?

The guy’s a nutter for sure and that alone is scary enough- what do you think?

paddy0091
    Free Member

all this in a country where people are resorting to cannibalism to stay alive. (reported recently)

piemonster

Trying to create political leverage as usual I’d wager

hurbum
    Free Member

The fact that they are possibly batshit crazy enough to follow up the threat worries me.

I wouldn’t mind betting that Vanguard/Vigilant/Victorious is currently knocking around the North Pacific…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The fact that they are possibly batshit crazy enough to follow up the threat worries me.

Fear not. According to the link :

“The White House responded by saying the U.S. is fully capable of defending itself against a North Korea ballistic missile attack.”

So a lot of fuss about nothing then.

rossi46
    Free Member

North Korea ballistic missile attack.”

I’d be more worried about a bloke with a suitcase or rucksack….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Your link says : “the international community condemns Pyongyang’s ballistic missile and nuclear tests”

No mention of suitcases or rucksacks.

Perhaps sanctions should be applied until North Korea hands over all suitcases and rucksacks 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

None of this makes any sense. There’s no oil in Korea.

rossi46
    Free Member

suitcases and rucksacks

True, but i wouldn’t put it past them at least if the missile threat doesn’t work out.

andyl
    Free Member

Not worrying for the Americans but a worry for everyone else in-between them and the Koreans when the missiles get knocked out of the sky over your country.

Northwind

ernie_lynch – Member

“The White House responded by saying the U.S. is fully capable of defending itself against a North Korea ballistic missile attack.”

Hah, that’s even more worrying tbh, on the one hand you have a power possibly crazy enough to go nuclear, on the other you have one that might think it’s not too bad if it happens. This is not a good combo.

chewkw
    Free Member

Dear Leader III should simply press the button to get it over and done with … 🙄

Long live Dear Leaders!

JoeG
    Free Member

They’re talking about the US having the ability to shoot down N. Korean ballistic missiles, that’s all.

zokes
    Free Member

They’re talking about the US having the ability to shoot down N. Korean ballistic missiles, that’s all.

But do they? I thought the only star wars that ever actually existed was in George Lucas’ mind…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well this thread concerns the news that North Korea has “Threatened a pre-emptive Nuclear Strike against the US” so quite relevant don’t you think ?

But everyone should relax and not worry – because the US claims it is “fully capable” of defending itself against a North Korea ballistic missile attack.

hora
    Free Member

Have we heard a response from Matt and Trey yet?

johnellison
    Free Member

The US has Patriot batteries in South Korea, the Philippines and on Okinawa. Any missile launch by the north could be neutralised within minutes of starting. That said, Patriots aren’t quite as effective as they make out.

On the other hand, the US, China and Russia aren’t exactly daft. They’ll have tabs on just about every potential launch site and mobile launcher that the North possesses. Any signs of preparations for launch and ka-blammo!!

Also, don’t think that because the North is belligerent they are stupid enough to follow up the words with deeds. I think that even Tubby McFatfuck realises that it would be curtains if they started anything.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I doubt if Russia or China would pre-empt a DPRK first stike. They’d be happy to see the US embroiled and weakened by a tough victory. The whole nuke issue is a distraction from the DPRK conventional forces who could level Seoul in 10 minutes with the estimated 10,000 weapons aimed at it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Posturing is one thing acting is another

Its not hard to work out they cannot win a war and that the regime wont survive a war and any action is suicide for the dear leader.
    IMHO they are unlikely to do anything but play the role of unpredictable mad man to stop anyone invading them as everyone knows they will loose a war

johnellison
    Free Member

I doubt if Russia or China would pre-empt a DPRK first stike.

Possibly but I think even the Chinese are getting pished off with them now – after all, it’s China that’s been pushing for the latest round of sanctions, and the Russians have agreed to it.

China and Russia are permanent members of the security council and it’s usually one, other or both that prevaricates.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would check your facts are th euN as that is so far from the mark – the actual figures will surprise you

Ignoring the USSR up to 1966 who did the most by some way the leader is the US – who have more than all the opther combined – you can see the list here
    http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/geoff/UNresolutions.htm
    Mainly supporting/vetoing criticism of Israel

China has done only 6 for example in its entire history since 1946 – that really did surprise you how inactive they were on this
    I rember being very surprised by th efigures when it was pointed out to me on STW by someone – it i snot what western propoganda would lead us to think
    USSR is less than 20 since 66 and us at 82 since

Dont believe the western hype on all this as it is a distortion of reality
    China and Russia did recently veto on Syria though
    Here is the vetoing list

hora
    Free Member

I think NKorea are over-reaching their payscale.

joao3v16
    Free Member

That Denise Rodman’s got some explaining to do after meeting hiw new bff last week.

rossi46
    Free Member

The whole nuke issue is a distraction from the DPRK conventional forces who could level Seoul in 10 minutes with the estimated 10,000 weapons aimed at it.

It’s funny you should say that

This is far more posturing than they usually come out with- maybe if they cry wolf so many times we’ll all just laugh at them until one day they actually do something. Maybe Tubby McFatfuck 😆 isn’t so daft after all.

martinhutch

Maybe Tubby McFatfuck isn’t so daft after all.

What’s it got to do with Salmond? Is he planning a pre-emptive golf-course building programme?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Frineds in S.Korea say their equivelent of the TA (that’s every bloke, bit like Swizerland) have been called into briefings. But apparently this isn’t that unusual when the north starts sabre rattling.

The problem is the north is hevily militarised, it’s not like Afganistan where you’re fighting a gurilla war against a load of farmers with AK47’s and RPG’s, it would be an actual fight.

hora
    Free Member

it’s not like Afganistan where you’re fighting a gurilla war against a load of farmers with AK47’s and RPG’s, it would be an actual fight.

Going back to the Korean war- the west faced alot of Chinese troops. This time though, we wouldn’t. The NKorean’s are also totally untested in combat seeing as the last war they fought was over 60years ago. The west seem to have a great deal of experience…

It wouldn’t get that far thought. I imagine China would have a ‘peace keeping role’.

Iran needs to burn for giving them access to nuclear weapons.

rossi46
    Free Member

What’s it got to do with Salmond? Is he planning a pre-emptive golf-course building programme?

😆

rossi46
    Free Member

This made me laugh actually- 6 seconds in and he can hardly hold up a pair of binoculars 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2RFA1KqgLI[/video]

Also disturbing on so many levels as i can imagine out of shot the scene being lined with gunmen making sure everyone is acting correctly.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Wasn’t it the other way around, with a little bit of help from the A Q Khan network?

thx1138
    Free Member

all this in a country where people are resorting to cannibalism to stay alive. (reported recently)

Really? Is there any actual proof of this? Just that there’s an awful lot of sensationalist propaganda about NK. Common practice when trying to denigrate and demonise your ‘opponents’; similar stories have been told throughout history. See ‘Blood Libel’ accusations against the Jews. Obviously the western powers want us to believe that NK is a basket case run by nutters (and it may well be), as this mindset helps justify any planned invasion. Of course, it will then be easy to say ‘but we’re bringing freedom and democracy to these people’. We’ve all heard those words before. And phrases such as ‘collateral damage’ etc.

NK is simply sabre-rattling; they’d quite like to not be invaded and subjugated by the west, I’d imagine, and are making a ‘stand’. I don’t blame them, quite frankly. Indeed, it’s the imperialist actions of the west, in recent years, that have created the paranoia amongst people that drives them to become ultr-defensive and aggressive.

None of this makes any sense. There’s no oil in Korea.

Have a look at a map. Check which country NK borders. Then think about which country is the biggest threat to western (US) imperialism.

The guy’s a nutter for sure and that alone is scary enough- what do you think?

These blokes are far scarier, and actually historically far, far more dangerous:

jock-muttley

NK is a basket case run by nutters (and it may well be), as this mindset helps justify any planned invasion.

It will probably be China and Russia that will step in rather than any actual “western” invasion. If you notice they have both been subtly cozying up to each other in recent years.

If the DPRK does start throwing the buckets of instant sunshine about then I would imagine that the immidiate military response would be tactical nukes utilised against their military hardpoints and nuclear facilities rather than strategic nukes to neutralise any further actions followed by invasion/occupation presumably by a UN force.

I would imagine that this UN force would be largely comprised of PRC land forces but with “western” technical support. If I was the UN commander on the ground I’d be looking to hold the DRPK as close to the 38th parallel as possible with SK, US & UN forces whilst the Chinese steamrollered them from the North, Basically hold their nose whilst someone kicks them up the arse.

mt
    Free Member

I think suggesting that Blair is dangerous is a little of the mark. With what he has done for freedom, democracy and world peace you are being unfair. Just consider the state of the world before he was voted in, then man deserves great respect for the world leader that he is. Given his unimpeachable moral stature, religious leadership how could anyone suggest he is anything other than the greatest political leader the world has ever seen.

thx1138
    Free Member

I think suggesting that Blair is dangerous is a little of the mark. With what he has done for freedom, democracy and world peace you are being unfair. Just consider the state of the world before he was voted in, then man deserves great respect for the world leader that he is. Given his unimpeachable moral stature, religious leadership how could anyone suggest he is anything other than the greatest political leader the world has ever seen.

😀

I think we should erect statues of the great man, for future generations to worship.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘North Korean Fighting Talk’ is closed to new replies.