Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • North East riders – Wark Forest bothy tour.
  • smashit
    Free Member

I’ve a random idea of a day out in Wark forest visiting Roughside, Green and Haughtongreen bothies. Is this a terrible idea? Would it all be muddy horrible fireroad with no views? Or…. a great day out and an excuse to go exploring somewhere new?
    Cheers!

thenorthwind

Not sure where those bothies are so can’t really help you, but assume all the riding would be fireroad type stuff similar to Kielder round that way. Like the idea though so might be keen to tag along if you want company.

Kahurangi

My F-i-L actually spends time looking after the Haughtongreen Bothy. He’s ridden in from the road-end on his brompton but had to push a bit where it was muddy. He’s said it would be ok but uninteresting on MTB. HTH

smashit
    Free Member

Jon Taylor – Member
    My F-i-L actually spends time looking after the Haughtongreen Bothy. He’s ridden in from the road-end on his brompton but had to push a bit where it was muddy. He’s said it would be ok but uninteresting on MTB. HTH

Yeah, each of them individually seem easy enough to get to, but linking them together *might* be more of an adventure!

Chew
    Free Member

Stayed at Green which is reasonable.
    Haughton Green is a bit boggy and Roughside is called that for a reason 😉

All reasonable close to each other and make a pleasant day out.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’d be up for a bit of exploring. Always fancied riding from home (Hexham) on an evening and riding back in the morning.
    I’ve a marked up Forestry map somewhere with details of the bothys in question (and others) on – I know a man in charge.

You need a gps with an up to date 1:25k map really

bornonaboat

I’d go for a evening bothy trip also, some sort of northern chapter event?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘North East riders – Wark Forest bothy tour.’ is closed to new replies.