Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • North East Mountain Bike Routes
  • nemtbroutes
    Free Member

Hello, i've set up a website to detail some of the great MTB routes we have up here in the North East of England. The website can be accessed here: http://www.nemountainbikeroutes.co.uk/.

I need to add a route for Thrunton Woods. I've not been before but I'm planning to get up there over the coming weeks. Has anyone got any routes they could suggest or just point me in the right direction of the best trails?

Cheers,

Stu

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hello Stu.
    Website looks alright. Don't know Thrunton.
    If you ever fancy exploring Hexham area, get in touch (email in my profile)
    . There's a bunch of us who ride locally every wednesday night at 8pm-ish.
    Planning on going to Edmundbyers/Blanchland next week.

Drac

Hold up I'll sort some links soon.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nemtbroutes
    Free Member

ir_bandito,

Will be up for a ride at Hexham. Not be able to make next week but should be OK for the following weeks. I'll be in touch.

Cheers,

Stu.

nemtbroutes
    Free Member

Drac,

Thanks for the links. It's look like there is quite a bit of climbing to be had up at Thrunton. Are you allowed to ride anywhere or are there footpaths that you have to stay clear off?

Stu

nemtbroutes
    Free Member

Drac,

Like the look of the Kidland route.

Stu.

carbon337
    Free Member

Generally the climbs are on fireroads Stu – downs are on hidden natural trails through the woods. I've spent a cracking afternoon there today.

No problems with bikes and walkers on the fireroads – everyone gets on – a smile and polite hello seems to help.

Just don't go blasting down the fireroads past walkers – generally no need to as the trails are ace through the woods and walkers dont use them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘North East Mountain Bike Routes’ is closed to new replies.