Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • North East (England) Roll call.
  • LabWormy

What I was going to say here was:

Are we organising an N.E. meet here?

REET… Yea all knew where this was leading…what next ?

Bridge End – Boathouse – Keelmans – Boathouse – Bridge End

Could even consider the “rough” track track round the south side of the Spetchells!

But, I suspect words like “gnarly” and “down-hill” will be involved instead.

From my lurking on here, need to ask “Drac” for north Northumberland, “ir_bandito” for the ‘shire, and “another” for Durham/Darlo.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Edmundbyers to Blanchland then up to Slaley along to Rookhope then down Blanchland Moor to Edmundbyers on heather moorland singletrack for 2k. You can head over to Whitley Chapel and Hexham Common from Slaley. Probably the best natural trails in the area.

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m in the stables most days for a swift ale in the beer garden, in the middle of the dog walk…

EGF, there’s nothing technical but there are miles and miles of trails which are easily linked together. Better atnight though! Hexham Common sounds good to me – keep looking at OS maps and putting routes together without actually riding any of them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Swelper
    Free Member

Go native, tons of trails around

Beamish Oddsox

teethgrinder

LabWormy…good plan!
    Plenty of single track about on that route. A crappy climb from Newburn to Heddon then a nice down hill blast to close house and on to the wagon way.

athgray
    Free Member

I am not, however wife is originally from Hebburn.

lemonysam
    Free Member

From? Gosh no, Cumbrian born and bred. I have failed to keep up with the motion of the earth and ended up in Wylam though.

LabWormy

The only good things about my route were the pubs, so:

Edmundbyers to Blanchland then up to Slaley along to Rookhope then down Blanchland Moor to Edmundbyers on heather moorland singletrack for 2k. You can head over to Whitley Chapel and Hexham Common from Slaley. Probably the best natural trails in the area.

or a Drac equivalent around Rothbury would get my vote.

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m in! I should probably tell you now that I’m a Scostsman in exile, just so you aren’t confused by the accent. Been here ten years though, so have picked up a few localisms…

chewkw
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Morpeth here but work in Alnwick

Where I grew and now where I live.

You never moved?

You have not seen the world!

😯

user-removed – Member

I’m in! I should probably tell you now that I’m a Scostsman in exile, …

Stone him the northern invader. He climbed over the wall … 😆

Inbred456
    Free Member

Oh Wylam Gold Tankard at the Boat House then watch the Salmon jumping in the Tyne from the Bridge. Happy Days. Don’t think the Boat House does Wylam Ales anymore. Thrunton woods is supposed to be a MTB hidden jem is it not?

user-removed
    Free Member

Stone him the northern invader. He climbed over the wall …

I get this a lot…

Drac

You never moved?

I moved from Morpeth.

notlocal
    Free Member

From Morpeth, living in Ballater.

chewkw
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

You never moved?

I moved from Morpeth.

Okay that’s far enough in a distance land … 😆

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Longhoughton but now in Antipodes.

seadog101

Barnard Castle

Hopefully we will have colour
    sometime soon.

winston2005

Originally from North Shields followed by Haltwhistle then Newcastle now bimbling around Prudhoe

teethgrinder

Winston…where in prudhoe?

Drac

Okay that’s far enough in a distance land …

I’m very adventurous.

P20

Born in Northumberland, now living in shotley bridge

dannybgoode

A couple from Warkworth beach at some ridiculously early time on Thursday morning to make you feel at home…

Cheers

Danny B

cat69uk
    Free Member

Born in Easington, now live in a little village near Ebchester.

GrahamS

Bridge End – Boathouse – Keelmans – Boathouse – Bridge End

Sounds good to me though I’ll need advance warning to negotiate a pass. 3 month old puts pay to spontaneous rides (of all types!)

But, I suspect words like “gnarly” and “down-hill” will be involved instead.

Not from this bimbling 38 year old.

Don’t think the Boat House does Wylam Ales anymore.

Aye I heard they had a slight disagreement about takings from the bar at the summer fair or something.

Still got a huge array of real ale though. And The Bull now has the Wylam ales.

GrahamS

A crappy climb from Newburn to Heddon

Up Station Road from the farm to The Swan? That’s a beast of a climb. Did it pulling a child trailer once and nearly spewed.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Sunderland, hiya!

righog
    Free Member

OK…My head is clearing a little now 😀

I was getting a wee bit jealous of the lets do a pub a ride threads as non seemed to be around here

So anybody up for it ?

Tomorrow anybody ? Midday ish ?

I would be happy to meet up and show people around Beamish or Chopwell.

But I would much prefer Hexham common/Slaley ride but would need someone else who knew the way, as this would be a better ride for mixed group.

I am a very irregular (non) member of the excellent Beamish oddsox ( I really need to get the forms and the money in)

and also ride with the Chopwell tumblers, that meet up Thursday night at Chopwell woods anyone welcome meet at 7:30 in the car park, you would of course need lights and it’s developed into quite difficult technical ride.

gra

Reading this thread with Sting and Jimmy Nail singing in the background on Jools Holland, perfect timing.

teethgrinder

Can’t pub crawl today…have a wedding cake to deliver later.
    Pooping out in a bit though. Along to Newburn, but probably going up and down either side of the valley.

Would do Hexhamshire next week or the week after though. Would need a guide, like you.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

West Newcastle, formerlly Consett.

neninja
    Free Member

The Edmundbyers. Blanchland, Bolts Law ride mentioned above is good (although the climb up to Bolts Law seems to go on for ever). Last time we did it, we decided to ride the proper bridleway to Bolts Law instead of the shooting track – it was a boggy push and carry, never again.

SaxonRider

Don’t live there, but love the NE, and have been many times. It probably doesn’t count, but I feel like a little bit of my heart is up there.

l45key
    Free Member

Morpeth here

durhambiker
    Free Member

Near Neville’s Cross (dunno what he’s cross about though) in Durham. Originally from Manchester but been up here for a couple of years now and work for a very North Eastern company so I’m settled

sharkattack

I’m in Sunderland. Can’t believe this thread made it to four pages!

Would meet up for a ride out but I’m DH bike only at the minute.

outby
    Free Member

whitby

lordmerchant
    Free Member

A mile from crook in co durham

mightymule
    Free Member

Yorkshire born – but 100% Sunderland bred 😀

mightymule
    Free Member

Does a second home near Reeth / Richmond count? That’s where my heart lives.

(awaits flaimng)

baden

Another one here in Fenham. Currently with out bike but will hopefully be sorting that before too long.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘North East (England) Roll call.’ is closed to new replies.