Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • North East England recomendations please.
  • scruff
    Free Member

Area to stay for the Wife and I. On the coast, nice beaches, castles, pubs, that sort of thing.

ton

alnmouth is very nice, and craster.
    beadnell bay and newton links for nice beaches..take a kayak.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Bamburgh

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t go to the area around Holy Island, Wooler, Newton and the like. It’s horrible. You’ll hate it. Please don’t go there at all.

Bamburgh Beach and castle are particularly dull and should be avoided at all times.

Move along….nothing to see here…… 😉

Swiftacular
    Free Member

How far North East?

RustySpanner

Wooler in Northumberland is superb.

Great local pubs, stunning scenery, lovely people.
    Only been once, but can’t wait to return.

Are you taking the bikes? Camping or posh?

RustySpanner

Laugh at Captain F.

One of the brilliant things about the place is the lack of crowds – it’s almost like rural France in that respect.

Don’t think a couple more people will ruin it though 🙂

carbon337
    Free Member

Anywhere north of Amble and south of Berwick is nice – newton by the sea, beadnell, bamburgh, Alnmouth, Boulmer village(Quiet).

Seahouses is a bit chip shop and rock so maybe avoid that but it is still ok.

I was there last week and spotted a holiday company called grace darling holidays on the high street who had really nice cottages on the books.

http://www.gracedarlingholidays.com/
    also
    http://www.northumbria-cottages.co.uk/

However – i have no affiliation with any of these companies what so ever.

Come up here spend your money in our pubs and shops. This area relies on tourism nowadays, I’ve lived here all my life and dont mind tourists invading – my family have a business that needs tourists as the main residents dont support us and do their shopping in the ususal Tesco/Asda.

scruff
    Free Member

I’m injured and grumpy, wife is about to drop 2nd child so its B&B and not really doing owt long weekend of looking at stuff and eating alot.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the Ship at Low Newton is possibly the worst pub in the area. Please be sure to avoid it.
    😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Tynemouth can be nice too

MTT
    Free Member

Welcome aboard, now leave. Generally what CFH said, if you want to have a relaxing time and a few trips to the pub, a castle or two, beaches etc… then Bamburgh or Lindisfarne (Holy Island)

RustySpanner

…….wife is about to drop 2nd child……………

Possibly wise to avoid getting stuck on Lindisfarne?
    Although if you do, the Castle is superb, well worth a visit.

Captain F:

Did you try the fresh seafood at the Ship? Horrible isn’t it?
    And the real ale?

We turned up after a long ride along the Coastal Path, just in time for a meal, a pint, a sunset and then a set from a local band.

Honestly, just avoid it. 🙂

carbon337
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – my mate was the manager there for a while – James Charlton – know him?

postierich
    Free Member

SCARBOROUGH
    Candy floss, edible fish and chips and the unlimited supply of jarred sea food, pikeys heavens you will love it 🙂

crouch_potato
    Free Member

The Ship used to be good back in the day- although now it gets rave reviews from posh southeners 😉 and isn’t really what it once was…

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

Don’t go to the area around Holy Island, Wooler, Newton and the like. It’s horrible. You’ll hate it. Please don’t go there at all.

Bamburgh Beach and castle are particularly dull and should be avoided at all times.

Alnmouth as well, proper dump, keep well away 😉

twosheds
    Free Member

Beamish Mary – best real ale pub.

lister

Blyth, all you need in one place. Lovely.

😉

sq225917
    Free Member

Lister, yeh if all you need is your weekly hit of spit-meth, then form an orderly queue at the ‘Barons’..

RustySpanner

A few pics from last year, for inspiration:

FallOutBoy
    Free Member

There’s always Durham if you want somewhere with a few more restaurants and B+Bs.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘North East England recomendations please.’ is closed to new replies.