Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • North Downs route help
  • geuben
    Free Member

I’m thinking of doing the ‘Taking it easy’ route from here:

http://singletrackworld.com/trailguide/uk/south-east/the-north-downs/

Which way do I do the loop? Clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Also does anyone have a GPX for it?

Cheers

Gotama
    Free Member

Do you want to just ride bridleways? If so then do that route. Seems a bit of a crime given the quality of trails within that loop. If the latter then have a dig around on strava to get an idea of where the trails are, searching for George Budd is a good start as his bonkers rides typically take in 90% of the trails.

geuben
    Free Member

I’m going with my GF, she can manage blues and we were looking for something a bit different than Swinley (been a lot). I was looking for something a bit longer too.

How tame is it? our local loop is around Richmond park, if it’s just as tame as that then we might as well save the drive and do a couple of loops of the park.

njee20
    Free Member

The bridleway loop will be that sort of thing, however as Gotama says there is a lot of fantastic, if not hugely technical, riding which would likely suit. Think Swinley blue but with more roots and hills. Nothing daft though.

George’s Strava is a good start, he does take in literally every trail! You may find other people’s rides a bit easier to pick bits from – I tend to do the more popular trails rather than riding up the same climb 3 times to do 3 different descents.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘North Downs route help’ is closed to new replies.