Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • North downs riders- barbed wire trap
  • swanny853

Out tonight and found a length of barbed wire wrapped between a couple of trees about hub height on life on Mars. It wasn’t there on Saturday!

Go carefully if you’re in the area as the stick fairies have moved on to wizards sleeve as well, all of the upper section has been done and they’ve dug up the ramp for the log roll. Cleared the bigger stuff but I’m sure it’ll be back.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

W@nkers, a good hidings too good for them!
    Keep safe there.

Dango
    Free Member

****ts

I did a solo ride up that way last week in the dark and got a wee bit lost.

Would have been awesome to have shredded my tyres/face/whatever then walked back to the car (or not)

tenfoot

This is happening on the Kent North Downs too. Some real idiots out there

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Which part of the Nds is this?

retro83
    Free Member

Anyone reported it to the police? That sounds **** lethal

allthepies
    Free Member

^^^ + 1

Report it to the police.

tonyg2003

Cheers. I was going to ride Life On Mars this morning so good warning. It’s near the Nower park and the RAC golf club.

There has been a massive ride in “stick men” people putting obstacles on the trails. I think that they never think of the risk they are introducing.

Oh and yes – report to police. LoM is a cheeky trail not a footpath or a bridle way.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Potentially the same Stick Man and he’s now progressed to attempting murder (anything like that counts as attempted murder in my book as they clearly intend harm).

He/she needs to be stopped before it gets deadly. Clearly got an irrational hatred of bikes despite presence of bikes never really affecting the general public around there. Doesn’t stop them walking. Plus as pointed out LoM is not a footpath or bridleway so they have the same rights on there as bikes (i.e. none).

Dango
    Free Member

So selfish, The barbed wire is also a risk to so many other users including the wildlife in that area, or dogs etc………….

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

yep, report it. Regardless of if it’s a cheeky trail, footpath or bridleway it still counts as intent to cause injury and that’s certainly taken more seriously than riding on a footpath.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Idiots, I just don’t get it, they think they have a right to be there more than riders do.

I’ve removed branches jammed between trees across the trail on LOM before. I can understand why someone might walk down/up it, but why anyone would walk down Wizards Sleeve I have no idea – other than for sabotage purposes.

CheesybeanZ

Is there a local FB page you could post this on , dog walkers , children , wildlife .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘North downs riders- barbed wire trap’ is closed to new replies.