Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Norovirus
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Bloody horrible isn’t it. Really bad Wednesday Thursday how long before I will start to feel better, feel awful today but no evacuations since Thursday.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m surprised it’s lasted so long, the last time I had it it was over within a couple of days. You’ll be fine tomorrow – guaranteed 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Cheers Ernie.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh, Piggie 🙁

I wish I was there with a cold flannel to wipe your brow.

(Off to Wales tomorrow morning. 🙂 )

willej

Had it a few years ago, never want it again. Mine lasted a couple of days. Totally knocked me out for a few days after that though. Get well soon.

Jamie
    Free Member

Day One/Two = WAAAAAARRGGHHHHHHH! WHY GOD?! WHY!
    Day Three = You should now be able to fart confidently, and maybe have some soup.

Pigface
    Free Member

Darcy I can only imagine your gentle touch. 😆

Jamie that is very accurate 😳

Kuco

I had it just before last Christmas, for 3 days I didn’t know which end to shove down the toilet first. Wasn’t till the 5th day before I was confident to fart.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ve quite liked it when I’ve had it.
    It’s a proper cathartic illness. None of this feeling a bit under the weather with a sore throat guff, wondering if you should go into work. No such dilemma with Norovirus 😀

CountZero

First day back at work after Christmas/New Year, and I had to phone in with this. Utterly vile, projectile vomiting from the bathroom doorway, thank deity I’d left the seat up! 😐
    Didn’t feel right for nearly a week, and picked up what I thought was a cold at the same time, I never knew the human body could produce so much green goo, from my sinuses and lungs. That didn’t really clear up until the beginning of April, and even now, I don’t really feel 100%. Obviously some sort of virus, but it’s left me feeling under the weather for months. 🙁
    You really do have my every sympathy, it’s very unpleasant.

tazzymtb

Had it a while ago and it hit the family including wife and young child at the same time…if someone could have got me a vet with a bolt gun I’d have gladly taken it. Good for weight loss though..like I dave with less shite

glupton1976
    Free Member

You see in the days before you’ve had the norovirus experience you think that diarrhoea and vomiting cant be that bad. There is a simple word in the middle of the description of the effects of the virus which passes many people by until the y get the virus – that word is “and”. Yes – it is diarrhoea AND vomiting at the same time, the exact same instant. I felt like I was going to explode that last time I had it.

scaredypants

Day Three = You should now be able to fart confidently, though maybe produce some soup.

😆

Jamie
    Free Member

The worse bit of it for me, is that your hurling so hard with nothing coming out, you expect a lung to come flying out and splash land in the toilet bowl.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Had it twice in my life. Had it about a month ago and it lasted 4 days.
    First time it was over a week due to poor infection control policies at the nursing home I worked at

h4muf
    Free Member

Came down with it at 9 o’clock friday night,just starting to feel ok to fart.

Terrible virus.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Pah,

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Pah,

Pffft! Like you know what it’s like to have any kind of virus!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

In all honesty, it sounds horrific. Do you end up looking like an imploded coke can?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

oh yes oh yes time for my favourite medical horror story

We all had noro a while ago
    I had spent one night completely attached to the toilet and had just got off to puke again
    After hurling I collapsed on the floor decided to sleep there for a while as I didnt have the energy to move

As I drifted off I felt the need to get up and sit on the bog yet didnt have the energy to do so and was also just too wasted and dizzy to physically manage it
    In the time it took me to decide I would just stay on the floor and let the diarrhoea happen, plan being to clean up when I woke up, my missus walked in and helped lift me onto the dunny

Hope that helps 🙂
    Youre probably over it now though

willej

I remember being able to set my watch by the bouts too. Every 20 minutes, both ends, for a couple of days and nights. My back and stomach muscles ached for weeks, from all the retching and cramps. This thread has brought it all back!

neninja
    Free Member

Got it the day I finished the C2C in May.

2 days of explosive expulsions from both ends. I’ve genuinely never been so fed up as I was after 2 nights of that and no sleep.

Day 3 felt loads better and got cocky – had spag bol for dinner. Cue another 2 days of more explosive pooping and no food and just sips of water.

I’ve taken Fleet for a endo examination before and this was a million times worse. ‘Raw’ doesn’t even come close to describing my hoop after 3 days of it. Lost over a stone in weight.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Norovirus’ is closed to new replies.