Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Normal helmet and goggles
  • ajantom

I know it’s been done before, but why? It looks so damn odd!
    Stopped for a large group of riders coming down a combe on the Quantocks and 3 or 4 of them were rocking said combo. A set of decent riding glasses will do the same job, be lighter and look less, well, silly.
    Yes I know it doesn’t matter as long as they’re enjoying themselves, and most cyclists are sartorially challenged anyway.

scotroutes

Maybe they have goggles for another helmet and don’t want to buy glasses too.
    Maybe they get watery eyes and prefer the extra wind protection that goggles offer.
    Maybe they find goggles more comfy and less likely to fall off.

I wear (prescription) Oakley Windjackets for the above reasons and don’t really give a shit if it looks OK to anyone else.

ajantom

Points taken, but it still looks daft.

m0rk
    Free Member

Look daft, but there’s zero chance of a muddy speck getting in my eyes

Descents only mind…

stevedoc
    Free Member

ESS Ice glasses offer good all round protection and from the wind too , not to expensive neither

scotroutes

Don’t worry. You start to care less what other folk think once you pass puberty.

ajantom

Long time past that for me 😆

scotroutes

😉

darrenspink
    Free Member

They don’t fog.

arcadian
    Free Member

I bought a set of goggles after my eyes decided they liked wind/airflow less than they used to. Eyes got teary in November and I blinked out a contact then almost cycled into a tree.
    First time out with them tomorrow, wondering if I’ll get funny looks 😕

hebridean
    Free Member

Just started using goggles to solve problems with watery eyes (as other have mentioned above) and they have worked perfectly. I don’t care what other people think about what I look like as long as I can see where I’m going. I have used different types of glasses but they haven’t solved the problem, especially on colder days.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The fashion police used to frown at it, but since the advent of Enduro its now on-trend and you that is so last year.

Its also got retro moto heritage.

So a massive fail on the image/vanity stakes I’m afraid.

kimbers

I passed 2 old roadies on tourers last weekend on very wet roads 10 year old helmets and and goggles

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Normal helmet and goggles’ is closed to new replies.