Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Normal for banks to say no to PPI mis-selling claim?
  • wynne
    Free Member

Having read a thread on STW I remembered that my bank sold me PPI when I got my first mortgage. I then wrote to them and said that I thought I’d been mis-sold that cover as it very much implied that having PPI had a bearing on whether I got my mortgage. I got a generic reply stating that the bank did not consider that I had been mis-sold and that if I wanted to pursue the claim I would need to go to the ombudsman. I’m assuming this is a fairly standard procedure but just wondered if it is worth me contesting it with the bank before going to the ombudsman?

Thanks for any help.

jambalaya
    Free Member

When did you get your mortgage ?

Yes, probaoy quite normal for them to try and scare you off.

CountZero

I raised the issue with my account manager during a conversation about other things, mentioning that I’d had a form but couldn’t make head or tail of it, so she gave me a phone number to get the paperwork, offering to fill it in on my behalf, which I did, and she did, and as a result I got back £11,680!
    This is my experience, I cannot possibly say how much help other banks might offer, but it might be worth speaking to someone in your branch who you deal with personally.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

If it was mortgage related it’s MPI when you make a claim

richmars

We had to take out insurance when we got a mortgage. We were told we had to, despite both of use having well paid jobs, and the loan easily paid by one of us, and both having life insurance from work.
    Claim rejected, and again at appeal.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Same as Richmars, mine’s still at appeal stage, but not extecting to be successful tbh. I did get a payout from Barclays tho on a loan I don’t recall ever having, same claim co. they claimed on everything I had or could think of Historically. Barclays was for my CC, but they paid on some loan or other. 😕

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Normal for banks to say no to PPI mis-selling claim?’ is closed to new replies.