Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Norglide bushing
  • gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Hi guys , my saracen kili flyer norglide linkage bushing is shot and I am in the process of replacing them , do you grease the bushing when fitting ? Thanks for your help

daver27
    Free Member

nope, they run dry

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Thanks daver27

welshfarmer

Must say the originals are pretty crap. Have the same bush and setup on my Genesis Grapil (very similar bikes to be fair, with same parent company). I now replace the bushes every month or so as a matter of course and use a slightly wider bush to increase the supported area. It may not be quite as plush (though with my weight on the linkage I can’t notice any difference), but the wider bushes can be had for less than a £1 each. I ussually order up 12 at a time from here…

https://www.bearingboys.co.uk/product.cgi?action=view&id=17001

Best check they ARE the same size as yours but I would be fairly confident they are (or if not you should find some to fit on that site).

In answer to your initial question, these bushings are happy to run dry or greased. I now grease mine. I I was mianly riding somewhere dry I wouldn’t bother but I would rather grease in there keeping the water out than water and grit!

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Thanks for that link , now as I went to change them I have just noticed the main pivot bearing is also done in 🙁 , time to find out what bearing it is now !

daver27
    Free Member

what ever size it is, get an Enduro bearing in there.

welshfarmer

Yep, changed them on my grapil too! You need the max compliment enduro bearings… probably one of these ones

http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/advanced_search_result.php?sort=2a&search_in_description=0&keywords=69032RSMAX+

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Thanks guys , ordered a set of enduro bearings last night 6902-2rs , welshfarmer how has your grapil lasted ? I went thru two in six months ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Norglide bushing’ is closed to new replies.