• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by scud.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • NorfolkTrackWorld – GT Yarmouth help
  • superjohn71
    Free Member

Any STW’ers with local knowledge of the Caister / GT Yarmouth area? I’m wondering if these are any beaches or coves around here where the sand is not as stoney as Caister and Yarmouth beaches, as although we and the kids are enjoying ourselves, I would like to go for full on swim in the sea but the stones are actually slaughtering my lilly livered feet. 🙂

prezet
    Free Member

Gorleston beach is nice. Alternatively there’s Winterton or Waxham a bit further up around the coast and are a bit better for the kids. If you fancy a bit of a drive head up to Wells-On-Sea. It’s lovely up there.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

California is nice too

demelitia
    Free Member

Hemsby beach is nice enough; not much to see on the Main Street there though, if that’s of any concern. Just the usual bingo halls, amusement arcades and doughnut vans. You may have to wander along a bit to find a soft bit for the tootsies, but they’re there.

pictonroad

Got a car?

Drive 45 minutes North to Holkham.

You’re ‘just’ round the corner from my favourite part of the UK, which incidentally is the only redeeming feature of Great Yarmouth.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions; we’re going to give Hemsby beach a go today.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Hemsby was spot on, just want I was looking for; kids enjoyed the relatively stone free sand, and I managed to brave the thin band of stones to get up to waist height and have a proper swim.

Cheers folks!

scud
    Free Member

I live just south of Holkham and Wells next the Sea, so a bit biased, but i’d head for there (voted best beach in UK Last year), no stones at all and plenty of things for the kids to do (great adventure playground, pub and Adnams shop in Holkham Hall just behind beach to)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘NorfolkTrackWorld – GT Yarmouth help’ is closed to new replies.