Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nordic walking
  • Bunnyhop

Does anyone here do it?

How long before you got the hang of it?
    Where to buy the poles (carbon) for a beginner?

Thanks

IanMunro
    Free Member

Does anyone here do it?

Not as such. I do possess some trekking poles.

How long before you got the hang of it?

Can you walk?
    Can you hold a pole?
    If the answers to the above are both yes, then you’ve pretty much already mastered it.

Where to buy the poles (carbon) for a beginner?

I quite like the Pacer Poles http://www.pacerpole.com/ I’ve got as they’ve a bit more comfy in the hand and you don’t have to faff about with wrist straps. Not very light, but light is over-hyped.

Jamie
    Free Member

Can you hold a pole?

*snigger*

Bunnyhop

I’ve just had a 2 hour taster session and it’s not quite the same as walking with normal poles, as you don’t actually hold the pole. The push is all through the wrist using a glove type thing attached to the pole.

It was a little more complicated than I thought, however an amazing 90% body work out. So I’ve signed up for the technical course.

Hey Jamie – it was interesting when the male instructor decided to walk in tandem with me (a bit too close for comfort) pushing me along from behind.

Pigface
    Free Member

Alzheimer’s skiing as my Finnish mate calls it 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

pushing me along from behind.

*chortle*

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ve just had a 2 hour taster session and it’s not quite the same as walking with normal poles, as you don’t actually hold the pole. The push is all through the wrist using a glove type thing attached to the pole.

You don’t really hold normal poles, you push through the wrist too using the wrist strap. With the exception of the pacer poles, the hand grip on any trekking pole is just to guide the pole.

Bunnyhop

I noticed in your video clips that the lady is walking with bent arms, our instructor was constantly shouting straight arms.
    It felt a little like an army parade.

IanMunro
    Free Member

No offence but your instructor sounds like an idiot 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nordic walking’ is closed to new replies.