Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Norco Sight Carbon – worth the wait??
  • andylc
    Free Member

Bl**dy Evans Cycles! Ordered this bike on Saturday, apparently it would be in stock on Monday, so I do the interest free finance thing, pay the deposit. Ring Monday – order in progress, all fine – now I look today – estimated in stock 11th March! No email to say why, sales people have no clue.

So…wait for 2 months and start paying for the bike before I even get it, or sack it and look for something else? I can’t decide!

pigyn
    Free Member

Totally just sack it off and buy a Transition Scout 😉

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

The Pikes I bought from Evans on 23.12.14 were not due in stock til 07.01.15.

They turned up on 24.12.14!

Don’t loose faith…..

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2014 model with Revs rather than Pkies. I think the bikes are pretty similar apart from that and a few small refinements. I’ve not had the chance to ride it a huge amount (too much snow here) but it’s a cracking bike. Geometry feels spot on for up and down, suspension feels sorted, well spec’d for the money and with a Pike it’ll feel even better on the downhill than it doesn with Revs. Given how crap the weather usually is at this time of year, I’d wait it out.

dave32
    Free Member

Gotta remember it’s norco supplying them as well,not really evans fault if they run late,had a ride on the 2014 in Maidenhead store,was really nice bike,had the rev’s on,really well specced,was tough choice between that and the BMC I eventually chose,Would def wait it out

honourablegeorge

HAve you spoken to them? Because the ones due in Monday could be all sold, hence the new date yours may still be ont he way to you

andylc
    Free Member

Have spoken to Evans. They say March date also applies to my order. Am thinking will wait. Spec of 2015 bike looks awesome. Similar spec on a new Yeti or Ibis is 2 & half grand more expensive.

steveo825
    Free Member

What model have you ordered? I’m currently thinking of ordering the sight carbon 7.2.

andylc
    Free Member

Ordered the 7.1 (assuming I ever get it)

stumpy01

I’d wait; the weather’s crap now so what they are actually doing is saving you time and effort cleaning your new bike!

Every cloud and all that…. 🙂

andylc
    Free Member

Just had an email to say they’ve sent me the pedals. Muppets!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I was wondering yesterday who bought their bikes from Evans. It just wouldn’t occur to me.

andylc
    Free Member

Only UK importers for Norco.

steveo825
    Free Member

I ordered my last Norco with Evans and was happy enough with the service. Have a warranty issue with my frame at the minute and they arranged to have bike collected on Monday.

Be interested to hear of your opinion on the sight carbon as there aren’t many owner opinions out there (assuming you do get it that is)

andylc
    Free Member

I think I’m going to wait…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Top banana bike wait if I were you. Problem, as you have discovered, is that it’s with Evans.

dave32
    Free Member

I have to stick up for Evans a little,I just picked mine up and can’t complain about the staff I dealt with,bike I chose was on showroom floor though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Norco Sight Carbon – worth the wait??’ is closed to new replies.